Chapter 3

Noah and Opal stood opposite one another, a look of deep contraction and determination etched on their faces. Whilst both loved each other dearly, neither ever spared the other mercy when it came to competition.

"Ready to lose?" Noah asked, teasing Opal whilst he patted her condescendingly on the head.

"No, but are you beanstalk?"

"Ouch Opal, way to hit a man where it hurts." Opal observed the way Noah raised a hand to his heart, mocking hurt, and how similar it was to the way Lucas acted. She mentally cursed herself for comparing her best friend to that awful vermin, before bringing her attention back to Noah.

Stop thinking about him Opal, she told herself.

"Man? I don't see one." Opal looked around the room, as if searching for them, before suddenly aiming a punch at Noah's nose. Opal's attempt at surprising him had failed, he swiftly ducked managing to avoid the hit.

"Nice try, you forget that by now I know all your moves." Noah reminded her, giving Opal an idea.

When Noah then jerked his foot out, aiming for her knee in attempt to knock her over, she caught his leg with her hands, using this to flip him over.

"So do I." Opal replies, smirking at his rather pathetic attempt at beating her.

"I believe that's what you'd call winning." Opal boasted as she reached out her hand to help him up.

"Really Noah that was some basic level stuff you pulled there, did you get rusty while you were away?"

From the ground, Noah grasped Opal's hand pulling himself up slightly before jerking Opal on top of him. As Opal collapsed to the floor unceremoniously, a squeal of fright sounded out.

"Noah!" Both friends erupted into a fit of laughter, a unique happiness overtaking them, something they had both missed whole Noah was away.

"That was well deserved pay back for your little comment."

"Come on slacker, let's move on to target practice." Opal requested as she clambered off of Noah and up to her feet.

"What did you just call me, pixie?" Noah raised his eyebrow at her mockingly.

"I didn't say anything, what are you talking about?" Opal joked.

"Oh really? Because I could have sworn the girl who woke up late today called me a slacker?"

"You take that back! I only woke up late because of work, you know that." Opal demanded, poking him in the chest.

"Sorry I can't hear you all the way up here." Noah wearily glanced at Opal, upon seeing the way her face had contorted into an expression of severe anger, he knew he had messed up.

Opal looked at Noah with a look of hatred, her mind conjuring all the possible ways she could kill him and make it hurt.

Badly.

"Yeah I'm just gonna run."

Good idea Funny guy , Opal thought.

"You better be running straight to target practice so I can shoot you, you absolute prick!" She exclaimed as began sprinting after him, ready to throttle him to death.

When they arrived at the shooting range, both were severely out of breathe, embarrassingly so for trained agents.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry, please don't kill me, I'm too pretty to die." Noah raised his hands up in surrender.