Predicament

Agent Christopher stood at the bottom of the steps, waiting as the door to the Lifeboat opened and the four-man crew began to emerge. Lucy was the first one out. Christopher met her tired brown eyes and asked, "What happened? Did you stop Rittenhouse?"

Lucy clutched her dirty skirts as she carefully descended the steps. Her shoes were caked in mud. "Short answer? Yes." She dropped her grimy hem back to the floor, straightening out her skirt as she stepped aside, granting Rufus access to the floor where he quickly ran off to get an office chair with wheels.

Christopher furrowed her brows as she watched Rufus moving with purpose. She questioned, "And the long answer?"

Lucy was about to speak when a voice groaned above them at the hatch to the Lifeboat. "It's complicated."

Christopher lifted her gaze to the Lifeboat. Wyatt stood up with Flynn's left arm tossed over his shoulders. Flynn's right hand was holding his side. There was a dark red stain seeping through his blue shirt under his navy jacket. "What the hell happened?"

Wyatt and Flynn carefully climbed down the stairs. Once they reached the bottom, Flynn sighed heavily, grimacing in pain as he slumped into the office chair that Rufus had wheeled over. Wyatt stated, "We ran into a couple of problems."

"Such as?" Christopher pushed, staring at Flynn to see if he was in serious need of medical care or if it was a graze.

"There were three sleepers there," Flynn groaned. "Turns out there's a reason they don't teach kids about Sarah Tarrant."

"Why is that?" she asked, looking between the four members of the team, clearly confused.

Rufus chimed in before anyone had a chance to properly respond, "She's a bitch."

Wyatt quickly interjected before Agent Christopher could retort, "She was very determined to start the Revolutionary War right then and there. Had we not managed to shut her up, it might just have started."

Rufus added, "The things she said, I thought she was the sleeper."

Christopher looked to Lucy for a simpler answer. Instead of delving into the history of the woman who almost jump-started the Revolutionary War by running her hot-tempered mouth, Lucy took this moment to state what was already on Christopher's mind. "We're going to need a doctor for Flynn. It's pretty bad."

Flynn shifted in his chair. "I told you, I'm fine."

"You're not fine," Lucy retorted. "You lost a lot of blood."

Flynn tried to wave it off, but everyone could see the color fading from his face before he passed out, crashing hard to the floor.

"I'll get someone here immediately," Christopher stated. "I know just who to ask."

Agent Christopher sat in her parked car just outside the hospital. She studied the folder in her lap. It was the file of Dr. Tenley Levinson. It was a full background check and history of the woman. Included with all of the doctor's information was a photo of the young woman. Denise studied the girl's features, just on the off-chance she'd run into her in the hallways.

The doctor's photo showed a woman in her thirties, dark eyes, light brown hair, and fair-skinned. Reading over the notes made about the girl's height, she was tall, above average for a woman. As Denise looked at the photo, she could see a familiar sadness within the girl's brown eyes. There was no mention in the file as to why she would have that kind of sadness, but she knew better than to pry, should she find the doctor. She closed the file and dumped it into the center console as she climbed out and headed towards the entrance of the hospital.