It Happened Late One Evening

Several blocks away, the team had stopped to rest and regain their breath. Rufus asked, "What was that all about?"

Lucy shook her head. "Why would she trade her life for mine? For us?"

Wyatt returned the gesture, unsure of what to say. He was confused. He muttered, "I'm more concerned with the fact that those men said they weren't Rittenhouse." He looked at the team. "So, are Bloodstone and Rittenhouse on the same team? Are they enemies? ... I don't know what to think anymore."

Flynn didn't have any more of an idea than Wyatt. All he knew for certain was that they had been running into Bloodstone men all along. They were always in groups of four, well-dressed men, who behaved like Rittenhouse sleepers. It made him question just how much of what happened to his family was really Rittenhouse versus Bloodstone.

Before anyone could dwell on the matter, Lucy suggested, "We need to find them and save Mata Hari before they kill her."

"How do you know they'll kill her?" Rufus asked. "Maybe they'll train her to be a spy, send her off to do...whatever she's meant to do..."

Lucy placed her head in her hands. "I don't know...I don't know anything anymore." She shook her head, lifting it to meet the gaze of the team. "I can't even think straight. Usually, with Rittenhouse, it's pretty obvious what they are trying to do, but... now? Now, I'm grasping at straws to come up with ideas..."

The team felt her frustration. They couldn't blame her. Since being introduced to the whole Bloodstone group, which they still had zero experience or knowledge about, everything was muddled and a mystery. Nothing made sense. Even the jumps into history weren't making sense.

Unlike Rittenhouse - who usually jumped into history to alter it somehow in their favor - Bloodstone seemed more inclined to jump into time to throw the team off guard. They had to regroup and figure out who was behind the Bloodstone group; and fast.

The team had reluctantly started to search for the four men and Miss Zelle. They retraced their steps, and came up empty-handed. No one had seen her or the men; if they had, no one was speaking up.

The team had no choice but to leave for home, defeated.

Present Day

Tenley sat in front of her computer, reading the reply from her friend, Tim. He had been keeping busy, like he said, traveling to different countries to provide medical care for those who were not fortunate enough to have any. She had replied in kind, expressing her admiration for all that he was doing, all that he had done, and wished that one day she could help out his cause.

Tim had kept the conversations light and friendly. The nature of his emails had convinced Tenley that all he was doing was catching up with her. She had replied to his emails with the same light nature, not giving any details as to what she had been up to. She was about to reply to his latest email when the alarms in the bunker began to announce the team's return. She stood up from her desk and exited her room to head towards the main area.

By the time Tenley had arrived at the main area, the team had already climbed out of the Lifeboat. The doctor did a quick scan of the team, noting that none of them appeared to be injured. It was a welcome sight to see for a change.

"You let them escape?" Christopher asked.

"I wouldn't say that we 'let' them escape," Wyatt pointed out.

Agent Christopher glared at Wyatt, giving him the lecture silently that he knew what she meant. His blue eyes shifted his gaze elsewhere.

"And what about..." Agent Christopher motioned with her hand, pleading Lucy to fill in the gap of their person of interest on this mission.