Steel And Traps

Garcia Flynn had managed to change out of his Merry Men costume and into the suit of the sleeper he had bound to a chair. He felt more at ease and comfortable in his new clothing than before. He sat across the bound sleeper. "Why are you here?" The sleeper smirked at him, refusing to speak. Garcia sighed, his lips forming a thin line. He was running out of patience. "Listen," he began. "I don't want to have to do this the hard way. I'd rather we find some middle ground here."

The sleeper eyed Garcia for a moment. "Why should I? You'll kill me anyway."

"I won't unless you force my hand," Garcia replied honestly. "I'd rather we exchange information and go home."

The sleeper glared at Garcia as though he didn't believe anything he was hearing. "How long do you think you can keep me in here before someone finds us?"

"I doubt anyone is looking for any of us," Garcia admitted. "It's not like we're supposed to be here anyways... start talking."

The sleeper held Garcia's gaze, unwavering. He wasn't scared and that bothered Flynn.

Garcia asked, "What are you doing here? Who is Rittenhouse after here?"

"What makes you think we're here for someone?" the man questioned.

"Because every time we've seen you or your allies-" Garcia was interrupted.

The sleeper laughed. "You think Bloodstone is our ally? Where have you been?"

"What are you talking about?" Garcia asked. "You were the ones who woke them up from their opium addiction-"

The sleeper shook his head again. "That was a mistake. A costly one at that."

"So," Garcia began. "What are they to you now?"

"A necessary evil," the man stated. Garcia waited for the man to explain. The man sighed, realizing that he had to keep talking. "Bloodstone is a distraction for those who oppose Rittenhouse. The more they interfere with your plans, the more we can interfere with theirs."

"Meaning what?" Garcia asked. So far, nothing the sleeper was saying made much sense.

The sleeper chuckled, knowing he was confusing Garcia more than anything. He was enjoying the riddles. "Haven't you noticed people from history disappearing? Or the fact that we're always one step before you every turn?"

Garcia leaned forward, asking, "Who is in charge of Bloodstone?"

The sleeper inhaled. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me," he stated.

The sleeper saw the sincerity behind Garcia's intense eyes. He swallowed nervously, before saying, "I don't know exactly...but I know that Carol Preston started it."

"Why would she do such a thing?" Garcia questioned. "She's Rittenhouse royalty."

"Yes," the sleeper admitted. "She is, but she wants something more than what they can offer-"

"What is that?" Garcia pushed. He hoped to get more from this man.

"I don't know," the sleeper said honestly. "She's not the one calling the shots anymore."

Garcia's eyes narrowed again. "You just said that she started Bloodstone-"

"Yes, but she's not there to run things," the sleeper reminded him. "She's got someone who's supposed to be running things in her stead."

"And is that who has you scared?" Garcia asked.

The sleeper nodded once. "He seems to know everything - everyone. He's the one who is causing all the problems for you."