𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"And honestly I still wish you nothing but the bestI know that you're still self-obsessedI hear the wicked get no restBut when you do I hope you'll dream of me!"

I know that you're still self-obsessed
I hear the wicked get no rest
But when you do I hope you'll dream of me!"

In 2020, Julie Molina was struggling with the death of her mother the year prior. Julie was so heartbroken that she never touched a piano or even sang again. The high schooler was reminiscing when her mother was here with her and the stories that would be told. Rose would always tell her daughter the same tales. They would be about a band that died in the 1990s and how she and one of the members got closer.

Graceleigh Wilson was a common name in the Molina household. She was Rose's best friend and a very popular musician. She made hits with her brother in the early 2000s but went missing after her last album release. Even Bobby did not even know what happened to his younger sister until he visited her house and found her. Rose was devastated for weeks, but the sadness stopped suddenly when the woman could see her dead best friend.

Graceleigh did not realize anybody could see her until she saw Rose a month after her death. Rose promised not to tell anybody that she could see her dead best friend, not even her daughter. When Rose died and crossed over, Graceleigh knew that she had to look after Julie. She owed that to Rose.

Julie sighed as she approached her locker. Her best friend, Flynn, walked up to the sad-looking girl.

"Hey underachiever!" Flynn says with a smile on her face.

"Hey disappointment." Julie spoke while pulling things from her locker. Graceleigh was sitting at a table near the two girls, listening to the little interaction that they were having.

"Okay, I know you don't want me to ask, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" Flynn asks, exasperated.

"I'll know in the moment." Julie sighs.

"Really Jules?" Flynn says with an annoyed tone in her voice. "That's all you'd giving me? Mrs. Harrison said this is your last chance."

"I know, I was there." Julie sighs.

Graceleigh hears their conversation and sighs. Rose's death made it very hard for her daughter. Graceleigh also wondered if her death made it hard for Bobby. Her thoughts were interrupted by her niece, who was handing out flyers about her Dirty Candy performance. Graceleigh sighs and poofs out of the old high school and into the studio. She went back to the piano and started tapping the keys. She stopped when she saw pieces of paper on top of the piano. She slowly took it and looked at its contents. She recognized it as her and Rose's song: Wake Up. Rose even wrote a note saying that she could do it, which made Graceleigh's heart swell. Graceleigh took a pen and wrote that she was proud of her.

As the day turned into night, with Graceleigh in the studio switching her focus to writing songs, Julie walked in, looking tired and defeated. The younger girl looks up in shock to see somebody in there with her and screaming. The ghost did the same thing.