𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Why can't I say that I'm in love?I wanna shout it from the rooftopsI wish that it could be like thatWhy can't it be like that?'Cause I'm yours!"

I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours!"

The ghosts arrived where Reggie's house used to be. Graceleigh took this time and bent over to catch her breath. Even after the fifteen years she has been a ghost, poofing was not her choice. The boys, however, were the opposite. The girl obviously expressed her concerns to the other ghosts.

"You know, I hate to rain on the parade, but can we not poof anymore? I haven't done that in years and it's really getting to me." Graceleigh states while trying to get her breathing back. Graceleigh stood up normally instead of her bent over position like she was before. Luke took this as an opportunity and rubbed her back in comfort. The guitarist and Alex both look at each other and nod. Reggie, however. Was not paying attention to his friends, but instead was looking where his house used to be.

"A bike shack right where my house used to be. Right here." Reggie says gloomy. Graceleigh's breathing was back to normal when she gave Reggie a hug from behind. She looked at Reggie with sadness in her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, man." Luke says letting go of Graceleigh and pats Reggie's chest.

"They made the Meyersons' house into a noodle shop." Reggie states looking at the two locations. "Why couldn't they have made mine a pizzeria or something?" Graceleigh moves away from her best friends and sits on the piece of tree in front of the three boys, pulling her knees to her chest.

"They tore down the whole neighborhood." Alex says glumly.

"I guess my folks are gone." Reggie states and turns to Alex. Luke moves away from the two boys and joins Graceleigh.

"No. Everybody's gone." Alex corrected his best friend. "Twenty-five years, gone." Graceleigh coughs and Alex turns to her. "In Gracie's case, fifteen years."

"Friends, family. Bobby," Alex states which makes Graceleigh widen her eyes. "Everyone."

"Bobby, that's right." Reggie agrees with Alex. "I guess that vegetarian lucked out. What do you think happened to him?"

"He probably got old like everybody else and moved on." Luke starts which Graceleigh nods, a little too fast. Too fast for Luke's understanding, but ignored the odd behavior of the girl.

"Dude, how are you so casual about all of this?" Alex exclaims to the guitarist. "Don't you wanna figure out what happened?"

"Let's be real for a second." Luke pauses to look at Alex, "It's not like we were that close to our families. My folks always regretted buying me that guitar. Reggie, your parents were literally a fight away from a divorce." Reggie turned away from Luke in realization. "Alex I... Your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay." Alex sighed at his behavior. "Graceleigh, your parents kicked you out just because you were bisexual. They kicked Bobby out because he supported your decision."