𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"I run away when things are goodAnd never really understoodThe way you laid your eyes on meIn ways that no one ever could!"

And never really understood
The way you laid your eyes on me
In ways that no one ever could!"

After the performance, the three girls were ecstatic. Graceleigh didn't feel a rush of adrenaline like that in a long time and that made her grin.

The girls quiet when Julie sees Nick and goes to talk to him.

"Nick!" Julie chuckles awkwardly, "Look Flynn, it's Nick!" The girl turns to look at Flynn but she already went back to the DJ station. Graceleigh stayed next to Julie for guidance.

"Thanks for the introduction." Nick chuckles while staring at Julie.

"So you made it." The girl says with a small smile on her face.

"Wouldn't miss it. The truth is, I can't wait to see you play again. Your song has been stuck in my head for weeks."

"Well," Julie starts, "Someone should let it out." This received an uncomfortable look from Graceleigh.

"Really, Julie?" Graceleigh says with her arms crossed, "That sounded so weird."

"I don't know what that means either." Julie says to both Graceleigh and Nick, but only Nick acknowledges her.

"I like your shoes." Nick says while walking closer to her.

"Thanks. I just like to doodle on them sometimes." Nick was going to continue speaking, but Carrie walked up to the two and interrupted.

"I can't tell if the crowd is getting restless or bored." Carrie says which makes Graceleigh roll her eyes.

"That's my spoiled niece for you." Graceleigh says to Julie, but Julie does not respond.

"Never a good sign. Oh, hi Julie. Got a new bag?" Carrie snidely continues.

"Actually, it's my hologram projector. Just did a little upgrade." Julie says pulling it up to view.

"Oh, so simple. You know, I was expecting something a little more... sophisticated." Carrie says mockingly.

"It's what's on the inside that counts." Carrie snickers at Julie's remark.

"Yeah, that's what a lot of people have to tell themselves. Come on, Nick." Carrie says walking away from the two. Graceleigh was furious at her niece. Graceleigh thought that her brother would have raised his daughter right and not how horrible she turned out to be.

Julie sighs and looks at her phone with annoyance. Graceleigh, still at her side, moved to be in front of her.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm sure that they'll come. Besides, they're ghosts. How much trouble could they be in?" Graceleigh says to try to cheer up the stressed girl. Julie nods and stares at the audience.

Time flew by and the crowd was restless, Julie could tell as she was backstage with Graceleigh. The audience wanted more, but the girls could not provide that to them. Julie and Graceleigh were sitting on the floor when Flynn approached Julie.