𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

"It's okay if you won't win every fightKnow the darkness only comes in the nightBut I'll be here forever!"

Know the darkness only comes in the night
But I'll be here forever!"

The four ghosts and Julie worked on the poem that Luke and Reggie started. This was a chance for the girl to prove to her best friend that she was not going insane. She also wanted to prove that the ghosts are real. Well, that these specific ghosts are real.

The ghosts went to set up for their performance. Alex and Reggie next to each other while Graceleigh was on the other side of Reggie. Luke set himself up by the couch. The guitarist sighs and looks over to where Graceleigh was. She had the rhythm guitar in hand but she just stared at it not even trying to play it. Luke took his chance and walked over to the girl, leaving his blue guitar by the couch. When he got closer he then realized who's guitar it really was.

"Hey," He softly says which makes the girl look up at him. She nods as he lets out a sigh. "I know that was Bobby's, but you'll be okay. He would want you to have that."

"Thank you Luke. I really appreciate that." Graceleigh says kind of awkwardly. She was about to continue speaking, but a knock interrupted their conversation. Julie answered and talked to the girl at the door. Both ghosts separated from each other to their respective places.

"All right, guys. You ready?" Julie says looking at them. They all nod their heads, but it was Reggie who interrupted.

"Can she move? I need some space to rock out and it's weird walking through people. Graceleigh would know." Reggie says which makes Graceleigh giggle at his behavior. Luke smiles at Graceleigh with adortion but it does not go unnoticed by the other two boys.

"Uh, actually, can you move over there? Reggie needs some space to rock out, and he feels kinda weird walking through you." Julie asks Flynn and, in turn, makes Flynn laugh.

"Boy, when you create a world, you really live in it." Flynn says pointing her finger at Julie. Julie walked around the girl and pulled a chair towards her and pushed her down into it.

"If you'll notice, there's no equipment that will produce a hologram." Julie says to Flynn, "Feel free to look around."

Julie made her way to the piano before turning to Flynn.

"The guys and Graceleigh took a poem that I wrote about you and put it to music." Julie says before she was interrupted by Flynn.

"Aw! I wish I didn't have to talk to your dad about this." Flynn states with sass which makes a light chuckle escape Julie's lips.

"It's called Flying Solo."

"If I leave you on a bad note
Leave you on a sad note
Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day
I know all your secrets
You know all my deep-dish
Guess that means some things they never, they never

Change...
We both know what I, what I, what I
Mean...
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me"

The ghosts appear while playing their instruments. Flynn lets out a screech out of shock.

"My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey! yeah-e-yeah
Hey! yeah-e-yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you"

Reggie moved places with Graceleigh. Luke went to Reggie's microphone and sang together while Graceleigh went closer to Alex. Julie saw the distressed look on Flynn's face so she moved closer to her.

"Yeah, you know who I'm likin'
Way before I liked them, duh...
Cause you liked them first
And if somebody hurts you
I'm gonna get hurt too
That's just how we work, yeah, that's just how we work

It will never
Change...
We both know what I, what I, what I
Mean...
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me"

Luke moves closer to the couch and gives Graceleigh a wink which in turn makes her laugh. Julie pulls Flynn closer to Luke. Luke took this as a perfect opportunity to scare the confused girl a little more. Julie pulled her away and they both stood next to Graceleigh and Alex.

"My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey! yeah-e-yeah
Hey! yeah-e-yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you"

Flynn moved her hand through Graceleigh and took it back quickly.

"Weird, right?" Reggie commented making Flynn look at him in confusion.

"They're ghosts!" Flynn says in shock.

"Oh, we prefer, oh, musician spirits." Alex says which makes Graceleigh and Reggie point to him.

"And Graceleigh Wilson! How did you do it?" Flynn says pointing at the ghost next to her. Julie shrugs her shoulders which makes Graceleigh let out a breathy laugh. The boys were then confused. How does Flynn know who Graceleigh is? Luke shakes his head and turns to Julie.

"Julie... so does this mean you're joining our band?" Luke says looking at Julie.

"Um..." Flynn says, interrupting the two, "Actually, I think you're joining her band."

"I'm gonna go with what she said." Julie says with a smile on her face. Reggie and Luke share smiles while Graceleigh lets one out as well. Alex then made the drums beat louder.

"My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey! yeah-e-yeah (yeah)
Hey! yeah-e-yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you... you..."

"Still wanna talk to my dad?" Julie gives Flynn a look when they finish the song.

"No, I'm good." Flynn says which makes the ghosts chuckle. The girls then went in for a hug. Luke walks over to Graceleigh and gave her a hug as well.

"What was that for?" Graceleigh says, looking at Luke. The boy chuckles but does not answer her and the other guys join them in the hug.