𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"And so it seems I broke your heartMy ignorance has struck againI failed to see it from the startAnd tore you open 'til the end!"

My ignorance has struck again
I failed to see it from the start
And tore you open 'til the end!"

Graceleigh was fuming. The boys knew better that performing at the school dance meant the most to Julie. When Luke tried going after Graceleigh, she thought he knew better and not to follow her. Thankfully, he did.

The next morning rolls around. Julie went to Flynn's and eventually overslept and Graceleigh stayed in Julie's room away from the boys. Graceleigh did not want to talk to them at that exact moment. She will wait until Julie gets home and talk to them then.

Graveleigh's mind was swirling with so many thoughts. Why did the boys ditch the two? How can her brother see her? What was happening? The ghost puts her hands on her head while she paces around Julie's room. A knock startled her, but she continues to pace. She stops her pacing and turns to look at the door once again when she hears several knocks. The arm that floated in was all too familiar to her.

"What do you want?" Graceleigh says crossing her arms as she sees the ghost tumble in.

"Don't be like that, Gracie," Luke starts while he stares at her. He did not stop staring at the girl in front of him. Graceleigh, on the other hand, looked down to the floor to avoid his gaze.

"I just—" Luke sighs before breaking his stare and rubbing the back of his neck. "I want to apologize. I know this meant a lot to Julie, but I know this meant a lot to you." Luke pauses and walks closer to the ghost in front of him. He lifts her head so they both make eye contact. "I'm so sorry that I was rude to you yesterday. Those songs meant a lot and finding out your brother stole them? Well, it hurt. It hurt a little more because you knew about it."

Graceleigh looks away from the boy in front of her. The butterflies that she felt with Luke were coming back. Luke looks confused and lifts her head again.

"Hey, it's okay, alright? I knew you didn't mean any harm." Graceleigh says with a small smile. The girl gives the boy a small smile and puts her head on his shoulder. The two stayed like this for a while before Luke realized that Julie was going to be home soon.

"Do you wanna join the boys and I in the studio?" Luke says as the two separated from each other. Graceleigh gives the boy a nod to answer his question. He grabbed her hand, but before he could poof into the studio Graceleigh held him back.

"Um, Luke?" Graceleigh starts with a stutter which makes Luke turn back to the girl. "I wanted to say 'Happy Birthday'. I've been visiting your parents every year and I wanted to..." Graceleigh pauses before she speaks her words carefully. "Can I come with you?" Luke smiles at the girl and nods. Graceleigh gives the boy a hug and gives him a kiss on the cheek. She smiled at Luke before he turned away with a blush on his cheeks. Before Graceleigh could comment on what happened they were back in the studio.