Chapter Twenty-two

The flight back from Hawaii wasn't much better than the flight out. About an hour from Seattle, Cas had his seat all the way back, and his eyes closed, when Hoagie perked up and barked.

Cas panicked, but Dean was immediately out of his seat, and lifting up the armrests.

'Come on,' he said, laying Cas down across the seats, and padding them with blankets and pillows. 'Relax.' Dean knelt by him in the aisle and kept a hand on his shoulder to stop him falling out of the seats.

Cas seized for four minutes and twelve seconds, a little longer than usual, and Dean shushed him as he came around.

'Lie still a minute,' Dean said to him. 'Here, I got you a bucket.'

Cas put a hand on his head, but didn't move otherwise.

Dean gently ran his fingers over Cas's hairline. 'Hey, don't cry,' Dean said softly. 'It's okay.'

Cas opened his mouth, but no words would come out. He looked confused, then scared.

'It's fine, it's just the fog,' Dean told him.

Just then, a flight attendant came over to them. 'Is he all right?' she asked.

'Oh yeah,' Dean nodded, mostly to Cas, who was looking at him. 'The pressure in here lowers the seizure threshold, so it's a little worse than usual, but he's gonna be just fine.'

'I hate to rush you, but is there any way you could get him back in his seat? We're beginning our descent in a moment, and everyone needs to be buckled in.'

A thrill ran through Dean, but he pushed it away and nodded. 'Yeah, we got it.'

The flight attendant walked away, and Dean carefully lifted Cas back into his seat, and got them both prepared for landing.

'Lean on me,' Dean said, moving Cas's lolling head onto his shoulder.

Dean gripped the armrests tightly as they went down, and pushed away the panic as hard as he could. Cas's hand weakly touching his arm made him feel better as they landed.

Everyone filed off the plane, grabbing their bags and chatting loudly, but Cas was still too weak to move.

'Hey, you guys got a wheelchair, or something?' Dean asked the cabin crew, slightly more concerned about Cas's lack of recovery.

'Sure, we'll bring one right up.'

Dean shook Cas's shoulder again. 'Hey, you gotta wake up. We need to get out of their hair so they can clean the plane.'

Cas nodded slowly, and shuffled over to the edge of the seat, so that Dean could help him into the wheelchair.

'You feeling any better?' Dean asked, as they came off the jetway.

'A little,' Cas mumbled, and Dean sighed in relief.

'All right, let's get out of here.'

On the way out, Dean called Sam and asked him to meet them in baggage claim.

'Cas's chair is still in the trunk, right?' Dean asked. 'I don't think the airport will let me keep theirs.'

' Oh, is he okay? He hasn't needed it in a while.'

'Yeah, he'll be fine. Turns out, a seizure in the air is not the most fun you can have on a plane.'

'It's not?' Sam said mockingly.

'Yeah, we were actually planning on joining the mile high club, but I guess his brain had other ideas.'

Cas snorted in his chair, and Dean grinned.