Chapter Twenty-five

For the next week or so, Cas kept a close eye on Grace and her kittens, watching them all grow stronger.

Grace recovered quickly, and could be seen jumping in and out of the cat house between eating, drinking, and using the litter box.

When Cas deemed her ready, he decided to introduce Hoagie to her. He brought the dog up to the entrance of the cat house and let him sniff, but held tightly onto his collar.

Grace hesitated, but she poked her nose out and sniffed Hoagie back. They both stood stock still, then Grace abruptly butted her head against Hoagie's nose. Hoagie pricked his ears up in surprise, then wagged his tail. Grace pulled her head back into the cat house, but Cas wouldn't let Hoagie follow her in, and pulled him back.

'Good boy,' Cas murmured, rubbing the top of Hoagie's head. He then stood up and went about his daily routine until Dean came home.

'I think she's been around dogs before,' Cas told Dean. 'She's taken to Hoagie already.'

Dean smiled. 'Good. How are they all doing?'

'They're doing great. Some of them have opened their eyes.'

'And what does Tessa think of them?'

'She loves them. She's going to adopt one.'

'Is she really?'

'She likes the smallest one. He's grey, and she wants to call him Reaper.'

Dean snorted. 'That's... kinda weird.'

'Tessa is a little strange, but it suits her.'

'I'm glad you like her,' Dean said, kissing Cas softly. 'Have you decided which one's ours yet?'

Cas kissed him back. 'I'll show you.' He pulled Dean by the hand into the living room, and sat him down in front of the cat house. He reached into it, and let Grace sniff his hand, then carefully picked up one of the kittens. 'Here.' He placed the tiny kitten with fluffy black fur and white paws in Dean's hands.

'Wow, it's like a tiny little bean,' Dean said, holding the kitten in the palm of his hand. 'Is it okay to hold him like this?'

'Yes, it's very important they get used to human contact around this age, otherwise they start to go feral,' Cas told him.

'Huh.' Dean watched the kitten wobble in his hands, not yet having found his feet.

'I like the white tip on his tail,' Cas smiled.

Just then, Grace chirped inside the cat house.

'She's getting agitated, we should put him back.' Cas gently lifted him out of Dean's hand and back into the cat house, letting Grace sniff his hand once more. He sat back, and Dean put an arm around him.

'What are we gonna call him?'

'I thought about naming after my brother.'

Dean nodded thoughtfully. 'Little Gabe? I like it.'

Cas rested his head against Dean's shoulder, breathing him in. A tingle ran through him. 'Dean...'

'Yeah?'

'Remember what you said? About how I do whatever I want to you?' he murmured into Dean's neck.

Dean smirked, eyes twinkling. 'What did you have in mind?'

Cas smiled, then in one smooth movement, pushed Dean to the floor and held him there, between his knees.

'Right here, in front of the babies?' Dean teased.