twenty seven 🦩

•••

"how's the baby?" daniel asked, walking into izzy's apartment. "it's good, tomorrow is when i know about the gender, i don't want a big ass reveal."

"good, good." daniel replied. the room had awkward tension floating around - ever since daniel knew about the baby, it's been awkward.

"and...um." izzy said trying to make conversation. "oh, um do you want to come with me to the doctors?"

"oh, um i have...to go to the studio because me and the guys have to um do some songs and shit." daniel mumbled.

"are you sure?" izzy said unconvincingly. "yeah, we have um a song already written, and so now we have to record it." daniel said.

izzy was not at all convinced because daniel sounded dodgy. "okay then..." izzy said. "i should go now..." daniel said. 

"yeah, um bye." izzy said. "bye." daniel said and left.

•••

izzy woke up the next morning with a dull mind and face. she was finding out the gender of the baby in her stomach.

was she excited? no. 

she sighed, and checked the time on her phone. 6:23am. She sighed and got up, walking into the bathroom washing her face, and brushing her teeth.

izzy was also thinking about the fact that daniel seemed like he was lying when he said he couldn't come to the doctors with her.

the doctors appointment wasn't until for another few hours, and izzy thought she couldn't do anything better with her pregnant ass than watch netflix.

•••

while she was in the middle of brooklyn 99, she was thinking about her baby - and how it wouldn't have a father growing up.

daniel already didn't look interested in the baby, and always made the room awkward whenever it was mentioned.

izzy knew damn well that alex wouldn't care about the baby. she was literally on her own.

before she knew it, time had flown by and it was time for the doctors appointment. izzy sighed and got off the bed, and walked to her closet picking a random shirt out. she couldn't be bothered, so she threw on some grey sweatpants.