5: Finn and Mariza

Danni POV:

Its almost 10:00pm and I am restless. Tomorrow is August 8th, the day F1NN5TER and Meowriza would come to my apartment for their fittings. They already landed about 3 days ago, but they wanted to tour and see some sights first before getting to business. I've been lowkey stalking them on instagram but don't tell them that.

I've been nervous for the past...2 weeks? They said that they'll be conducting an interview and recording the measurement process. I really hope I make a good first impression, I spoken with both Finn and Mariza before about our interests on twitter but that's about it.

I can't seem to sleep, so I decided to spend some time in my studio. I unlocked the door and turned on the light, illuminating the medium sized yet cozy studio. I look around the room, checking to make sure that everything is clean and in place for tomorrow.

I do some rearranging here and there, folding loose fabrics and putting them in spare bins. I don't exactly have much cabinet/closet space so I had to improvise with bins. Well, you work with what you got right?

I sit on the small, but cozy couch. I feel my weight lower the cushion underneath just a tiny bit. I take out my phone and start scrolling through different apps. I just need something to distract me from tomorrow.

As I'm scrolling through instagram, stalking my friends' feeds, I recieved a message from Jeremy.

Jeremy
why are you awake

Danni
idk jer why am i awake?
why are we still here
just to suffer?

Jeremy
lmao, but seriously
you need to sleep liek rn, you literally have your first big-named client coming over tomorrow. you can't be sleepy for your interview

Danni
wow you sound just like my mother, but i legit cannot sleep

Jeremy
fr? what's going thru ur head then?

Danni
idk, like it all just feels...too real
it feels like my career is finally taking friction and i'm happy abt it but like, i kinda don't want it to

Jeremy
???

Danni
its like, i love where my talent is taking me, but i'm scared i might turn into one of those snobs who completely forgets who they were before fame yanno?

Jeremy
ahhhh, i get it
Danni, you don't have to worry about that. No matter what, me and techno are always going to be by your side. We know you, I know you. You're not going to turn into one of them, i promise

Danni
Thanks jer, i really needed that
im getting drowsy, imma head to bed now

Jeremy
Gn Danni, ily

Danni
ily2 jer

seen

I click off my phone and I start to head for the studio door. But before I do, I look around one final time to make sure that everything is ready. My eyes fall on a blank space above the couch I was sitting on, an idea flashes through my mind as i rush to my room to grab it.

I hop onto my bed and unhook it from the wall above it. I sit on my bed and stare at it with pride.

My non-binary pride flag. My mom got this for me about a week after I moved here for college. She wanted me to have something for comfort while I was away from home. My dad also got me something to remember him by, a binder. I was in tears when he first gave it to me.

He remembers me telling him about my dysphoria and how much I suffered from it. He remembers how much pain I was in because I would almost always never feel comfortable in my own body, how much I hated looking at myself when I showered or changed clothes.

He told me that he heard about binders and how it can help those dealing with dysphoria. He said, "I never want my child to be sad because of how they see themselves. I know this might not entirely help you with your dysphoria, but I hope it at least helps you even just a tiny bit.".

I tear a bit just thinking about it, I'm really grateful to have supportive parents. I ease back into reality and take the hooks off the wall. I walk back to my studio and hang it in the empty space above the couch. Feeling satisfied, I lock everything and go to bed.

Tomorrow is not just another day.

~

It's now 8:43am. Finn and Mariza said that they would come by at 9. I texted them my address the day before, my place isn't complicated to find so they shouldn't be lost right? I didn't really have time to clean my room so I just...locked it off. I mean it's my apartment so I can literally lock any room and make an excuse as to why its locked. Having my own place is fun!

I decided to just wait it out in my studio. Should I have made snacks? Should I have made like tea or something? I haven't had guests over before besides Jeremy and Techno and they usually just help themselves. Damn man, being a host is hard.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear a knock at the door. holy shit that's them. I get up and look at myself in the mirror one last time. I fix my sweater and pull up my jeans just a tiny bit. Checked my eyes to make sure I put my contacts on, then I walked to the front door.

When I opened it, I was greeted by a tall man wearing acrylic nails with long-ish hair holding a camera and a slightly shorter woman wearing a beanie with a tattoo on her left arm.

"Heyyyy!! Danni!!!" Finn said as he went in for a hug. Honestly though I was fangirling like SO hard.

"Hi Danni! Nice to meet you FINALLY!!" Mariza says as she too, goes in for a hug.

"Hi guys!!" I say as I pull away from Mariza.

I welcome them both into my apartment and lead them into the studio area.

"Wow, this studio is amazing" Finn says as he records the room and marvels at the mannequins of gowns.

"Thank you so much! Uh fun fact: those gowns over there are actually scrapped/denied by the clients because they weren't up to their expectations."

"You're kidding," Mariza says as she inspects one of the gowns. "these are beautiful!"

"Well, the clients didn't think so hahaha. But it's fine, I just use them for inspiration."

They sit down on the couch as I sit across from them on a small stool. Finn starts to set up his camera on a small tripod on the table for the interview.

"So basically, Me and Mariza are going to ask you some questions. All you have to do is answer them to the best of your ability."

"Okay, that seems simple enough."

"Alrighty then," Finn says as he finishes setting up and looks at me with a smile. "Let's begin!"

-

1190 words

A/N
Ahh I love this part of the story!!! Also the next chapter's dialogue is going to be formatted like this:

Person A: insert dialogue

Person B: insert dialogue

But it's only going to be for the interview part because it is an interview chapter. See you guys in the next one!