18: Surprise

Danni POV:

I found myself in an ever-comforting space. It was a black void that was never ending. I felt his gaze over my should and turned around. I saw nothing behind me, it sent chills down my spine.

I know you're here.

Do you really?

Yes
I do

Okay maybe you do.
But I can not show myself, I can still chat with you though.

Wait what? Why can't you show yourself?

I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment Danni.

Busy with what?

Just...what do you want to talk about?

Talk about?

I hear the voice sigh, for a very long time. They muttered something about it happening way too damn much and continued.

Danni, whenever I'm here in your dreams it usually means you need help with something or are facing some serious problems. Now what do you need?

Oh...well I'm not really sure. I'm on my way to Mexico to visit Alex. Or the real Quackity as you know him D.Q.

You....you do know I'm not the real Quackity right? I just looked like him to put you at ease...

Are you serious? That's lowkey kind of cool but whatever.
I guess I'm just nervous, I haven't done anything this spontaneous since my move to California.

You just need confidence Danni, this is your boyfriend for crying out loud. He misses you just as much as you miss him. I'm certain of it.

Thanks D.Q, it means a lot.

Now you better wake your sleepy ass up. The plane is about to land...

As if on command, I felt slight turbulence causing me to awaken suddenly. A voice rings through the entire plane saying that we have arrived in Mexico. I picked up my personal item and waited for the plane to properly land before unbuckling my seatbelt.

I roll my eyes at the airplane clappers and wait for the people in front of me to exit the aisle before getting my carry-on. I exit the plane and go to the taxi stand to request a taxi. (A/N: might not be accurate idk how the stands work :/)

~

I had gotten Alex's address from one of his irl friends I contacted on twitter. I gave it to the taxi driver and he drove me to his place. The entire ride there I was nervous as hell. I don't know why, but this was an impulse decision and I didn't plan it out properly.

I didn't even book a hotel or anything. I was praying that Alex might let me stay at his place as he did at mine. My panic was cut short when the driver stopped and said we arrived.

I gave him a generous tip and took my carry-on out of the trunk. I wave as he drives off, leaving me at the foot of his doorstep. I turn to the door and raise my arm to knock. I hit the door with my knuckle about 3 times before waiting for an answer.