16: Redemption

Techno POV:

I've been playing chicken for way too damn long. I need to apologize, and I need to do it soon. I can't keep postponing it like it's an event. I already asked Jeremy if he could text Danni to meet at the Cafè near campus. He said that they agreed to come.

I've run the scenario over my head at least a thousand times. I would wait for them to enter, Signal them to sit, I would give them their favorite drink, and when they were comfortable I would apologize.

I ran through it in my mind, over and over making sure that I didn't screw it up.

Why...

Why was it so difficult to do it now that they're here.

I heard the cafe bell ring, I looked up and saw them. They were scanning the area, I assumed they were looking for Jeremy. We meet eyes, and without breaking contact they sit in the chair in front of me.

"Hi Techno" They say, not smiling one bit.

"Hi Danni" I respond, sheepishly.

I slide over their drink order, they simply nod at me.

Here goes nothing...

Danni POV:

"First off, I'm really sorry about that kiss." Techno immediately says after giving me one of the drinks.

"It was a really dick move, I know. I didn't know what came over me at the time and only realized it after you left. I still feel like a horrible person Danni. You don't have to accept my apology, you can even cut me out of your life completely if you want. I know what I did was wrong and I know that's something you can't forgive right away." he says, not looking away from me for a second.

I simply hum, I know he has more to say.

"...and I'm really sorry for embarrassing you at the ball. I already got an earful about being appropriate from Scott, considering it was a charity livestream and that representatives from St. Judes were watching."

Now that got my attention,

"Wait...did they really?"

"Yeah, They even saw you and Quackity kissing. They didn't mind it as much when a grown man crashed the stage drunk hehe..."

We both sit in silence for a brief minute, letting it all soak in.

"Techno, your right about what you said. Something like that can't be forgiven right away..."

I watch as he looks at his feet, embarrassed I assume.

"You took weeks to apologize. But I guess that's partly on me since I avoided you for some time...I forgive you. You realize that what you did was wrong and you owned up to it, I'm glad about that. Just remember to make sure that someone is comfortable before you do anything, okay?"

He nods, looking back up at me with hopeful eyes.

"Friends still?"

"Of course."

The two of us shake hands, as if we were sealing a company deal. I smile and switch my seat to sit next to Techno.

"Wanna people watch? We haven't done that in forever." I ask.

"Sure, I've been brushing up on my people scenarios lately."

We both laugh and stare contently at the cafè door.

"So, how have you been?" I ask him while waiting for the bell to ring.

"Pretty good actually."

"I haven't seen you around campus in a while, did you switch majors or something?"

"No, not really. I actually dropped-out."

"Oh?" I say, taking a sip of my drink.

"Yeah, I want to focus on my Youtube channel more. Maybe post more often and stream."

"Ah I see, well whatever makes you happy man."

He smiles at me, I actually missed his company to be honest.

"How about you Danni, how's you and Quackity?"

"Good as well, he's staying at my place until January. So we've had a lot of time bonding and shit Hahahaha."

We laugh, and then freeze for a moment when we see someone pace in front of the cafè before continuing down the road.

"Is there anyone that you have taken a liking to?"

I watch as his face forms a small blush around his cheeks. He knows exactly who I'm talking about.

"Uh...well there is this one guy. His name is Rory, I think you know him."

I smile like a fangirl watching their ultimate ship interact with one another.

"I fucking knew it, I knew it!"

Techno laughs as he tries to defend himself from being a simp.

When he, in fact, is a simp for Rory. I've seen the Clips of those two together.

"Hahaha, well I mean we're going slow. Not really keen on rushing into things y'know?"

I nod in understanding as we both hear the door bell chime indicating a customer has entered. We watch as a middle-aged man takes off his coat, revealing a very low neckline.

"Oh boy, I bet this guy still wants people to know he goes to the gym even though its winter." Techno says as I spit out my drink a tiny bit.

I try to hold back my laughter by covering my mouth. But that method fails me as I start laughing a bit too loud, with Techno joining me shortly after. The two of us quickly stop however as we see an angry manager approach our table with his hands at his side.

"You two again?!?! Get out of my cafè, one more time and I'll ban you both forever!"

Me and Techno quickly apologized and took our drinks to go. We bid farewell at the door and went our separate ways. On the bus ride home, I quickly unblock Techno from all my social medias and listen to my playlist.

Watching the snow fall silently on the window of the bus. I close my eyes, taking in the peacefulness.

-

970 words

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! This was supposed to be a filler chapter that also tied up a loose end. Also, THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1K READS THAT IS INSANE!!! ILY ALL AND THANK YOU FOR READING.

Anyways, that's going to be it from me this time. See you all in the next chapter!