13: The MCC Charity Ball! pt. 2

Danni POV:

"WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE MCC CHARITY BALL!" Scott says as the room illuminates with purple and pink lights.

Me and Alex turn our attention away from each other, (even though we didn't want to) and looked at Scott on the main stage.

"Moderators! Please switch the screen from 'Streaming soon' to the guests footage please!" Scott quickly mutters into the mic.

Everyone's camera, including mine and Alex's torso cameras, all make a beeping sound indicating that they have started recording.

"Yessss Good! Now we can get started, Everyone!" He says waving his left hand up.

"Around you are tables and minigames all across this ballroom. For every game you play and win, you will receive a certain number of tickets. If you have enough tickets, you can redeem them at the camera center for an MCC Coin!" Scott says as he holds up one of the coins.

"For every coin you receive, you can exchange them for $100 in donation money! The money will be donated towards the twitch streamer you are associated with, and then contributed to St. Judes."
Scott was about to continue until he widened his eyes in realization.

"Oh- and please...PLEASE do not try and eat the coins! They are not chocolate!"

I hear a few groans and "Why not?"s in the crowd. Me and Alex share a small laugh.

"Anyways, enough blabbering! The food buffet is right outside if you guys want to eat first, remember to turn off your cameras if you are, and now...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

The crowd roars in applause and cheers as everyone disperses. Some clicking off their cameras and going outside to get food. I turn to Alex who checks his camera before saying anything.

"So uh Danni, what are you going to do first?"

"Hmmm, probably get a headstart on the games. I already ate before coming down here so yeah. What about you?"

"Probably going to eat first, I actually want to try the mini quiches, George claims they're really good hehehe."

We both laugh and part ways. I look around the ballroom in search for a game I can easily win. I spot a game machine near the corner and makes my way towards it.

Basketball w/ BBH:

I decided to start with basketball. It's not really my strong suit but it's a good place to start. I take one of the two machines and click the button to start playing. Before making my first basket I noticed that someone else took the machine beside me for a two-player game. I look and smile at the familiar face with a camera attached to his forehead.

"Hey BBH! So you wanna challenge me at basketball huh?"

"Hahahaha yeah, back then when I worked at a school I would help some kids practice in basketball. I was pretty good according to the coach." He says, picking up one of the balls.

"We'll see about that." I say, overly-confident.

We press the start button at the same time and wait for the countdown to finish. As soon as we hear the buzzer, the two of us start shooting balls into the hoop. I decided not to look at BBH's side, might distract me.

I keep throwing the ball and it makes it into the hoops about 3/4 times. I smirk as I watch my score go up. 23. 24. 25. etc...

I hear the buzzer and immediately put my hands up like in the cooking shows when their timer is up. I look over at BBH, doing the same motion as me, a bit out of breathe. I check his score.