11: The other POV

(A/N: this takes place like RIGHT after Techno kissed Danni, remember consent is pog 😎)

Techno POV:

I can't believe I just did that. I really can't believe I just did that. Not only did I possibly mess up my friendship with Danni, but now I know that I don't even like them. Well, not like that at least. I don't know why I started wrapping my arm around their waist, I was just caught up in the moment until they slapped me.

Now here I am, embarrassed and sitting alone in the theater with hundreds of eyes staring at my direction. The movie continues to play as I put up my hood and get up to leave. I can feel the cold hard stares from the strangers seated as I walk towards the back of the theater.

I walk outside and just missed Danni getting into a car to leave. I didn't even call out to them to apologize or anything. I just wanted to give them space.

and I needed someone to talk to.

I stand outside the building and pull out my phone to call Jeremy. I would usually call Danni about stuff like this but they are unavailable at the moment.

(Techno is in italics and Jeremy is in bold)

Hello?

Jeremy?

Hey Techno, what's wrong? You sound like you're about to cry...

I did something bad, like really bad.

Like...murdered someone bad?

Please Jer I really need someone to talk to

Okay okay, where are you? I'll pick you up.

I'm at the movie theater, please hurry its starting to fucking rain here man.

Okay 1: watch ya mouth man, and 2: I'm on my way don't worry

I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. I take shelter in front of the entrance and wait for Jeremy. Not taking his advice, I did in fact worry.

~

Jeremy picked me up and took me back to his place. He saw that I was nearly shivering and gave me a cup of tea. How nice, and damn man his place is nice too. It looks like it came straight out of pintrest plant room aesthetic wall.

I look around his living room and sip my tea. Around me are a variety of plants and paintings that he got off of etsy. I snap out of my wondrous trance when Jeremy comes back from his kitchen and takes a seat next to me.

"Alright so," He says patting his hands on his lap "What happened, and leave no detail out."

"Well, I took your advice and took Danni on a date. I fucked up though. I didn't even tell them it was a date."

Jeremy nods and motions me to keep going. He can already tell that theres more to the story.

"And I uh....kissed them."

"You did? Did you get consent first?"

"That's where I fucked up, I didn't. I just kissed them without thinking, then they slapped me and left the theater. I know I deserve it, I just want to find a way to make it up to them."

"Wow Techno, I mean that was a bit of a dick move. But I can tell that you didn't mean for it to be like that. You still need to apologize though, that's the best you can do for now."

I nodded and took out my phone, placing my tea on the glass coffee table. I open twitter and search for Danni's account.

"Huh that's weird."

"What's wrong?"

"Danni blocked me..."

"Already? Wow that was quick."

"Jeremy can you text them? They couldn't have blocked you by now right?"

"Wait, I think I have another idea."

"What is it?" I asked quizzically, his ideas have a 50% success rate. I can vouch.

"You know the ball thing that they're going to right?"

I nod.

"Why don't you go, with me as your plus one? Then at the ball, or before/after. You can apologize in person, it's better than calling or texting."

I ponder the idea for a moment. It seems plausible, I can apologize at the dinner before the ball and then the three of us can enjoy it together. Everything will be back to normal.

"Sounds...good. I'm in, get your suit ready Jer. I'm taking you to the ball!" I say, standing up and offering my hand as a joke. He laughs and brushes my hand away.

"Hahahaha, great! Wait before you say anything, what exactly is the MCC Charity Ball? It sounds like a really big event."

I sit back down on the couch and take a long sip of tea before beginning my explanation.

"So basically the Ball is this big charity event where they invite some of the biggest minecraft content creators and their plus ones. The entire ball is a live streamed event where the guests have cameras strapped onto them and they stream the guests playing certain mini-games to collect certain items. And throughout the whole thing, viewers donate money to any of the streams and they go towards the MCC Charity Ball's own donation goal. All money collected will be donated to the chosen charity of that year. This year is for St. Judes Childrens Hospital I think."

"ohhh wow that's actually really cool! Wait why didn't you want to go at first?"

"I was planning to make an individual donation when I found out the charity was for St. Judes, just to avoid the social interaction you know?"

"Wow, that's really nice of you Techno. Can't wait to get there, is anyone else going to be there?"

"I'm not sure, I haven't been following the guest list."

"That's okay haha, just inform me if you do find out okay?"

"Sure Jeremy. Of course."

~

Technothepig just tweeted!

"I know this might be a little bit late, But I'm going to be attending the MCC Charity Ball this year with my good friend @jeremyberemy . Can't wait to see you guys there!"

-> "OMG YESSS"
-->"TECHNO BALL POG"
--->"Wait who's this Jeremy guy?"

-

1009 words

A/N: Surprise! Double-update!!!! Just wanted to post this mini chapter early so I can start writing the MCC Charity Ball chapters. I also have a bit of a surprise with the next couple chapters...hope you guys like them ;)

Anyways! That's going to be it for now, remember that consent is important! And please spread awareness and urge those who can donate to donate to St. Judes! I'll see you guys in the next chapter!!