17: My S.O

Danni POV:

It was nice reconnecting with Techno again. Like I said before, I missed their company. Right now, life couldn't be any more perfect. Me, Jeremy, and Techno sometimes call on discord while we help Techno with video ideas. This introduced me and Jeremy to an array of Minecraft content creators, one of which I think has really taken a liking to Jeremy.

It's Dream, I'm talking about dream. Jeremy won't admit it but there's OBVIOUSLY something there. But disregarding all of that, the most perfect thing that has ever happened to me was Alex. I don't exactly know if me and him are in a relationship.

You know what I mean, the one with labels and shit.

I shift back to my reality. I'm sitting on the couch snuggled up next to Alex while we watch a cheesy hallmark movie on Netflix. I look up at him, he looks down at me, and we just stare at each other in adoration.

"Hey Luv"

"Yes mi amor?"

"What are we?"

Alex widens his eyes in surprise.

"Aren't we dating? I'm pretty sure we've been on a couple unofficial ones and one official.."

I chuckle at his adorableness.

"Hehehe...you know what I mean, like labels. There are couples who are boyfriend and girlfriend, boyfriend and boyfriend, girlfriend and girlfriend. What are we?"

I hear his hum under his breath. He thinks for a moment before suggesting a gender neutral term.

"How about...partners?"

"Sounds kind of professional, Don't you think?"

"Yeah, it does."

"How about other half?"

"We're not a Frakenstein creation Danni."

"Okay okay, uh S.O?"

"S.O?"

"Significant Other."

"hmmm....I like it!"

"So I guess I'm your S.O Alex."

"Can I still be called your boyfriend?"

"Sure, if your comfortable with it."

"Oh trust me, I would be more than comfortable being called your boyfriend amor."

I laugh and settle back into his embrace. Nothing could ruin this moment. Tomorrow is new years eve, that just means I can celebrate the new year with the person I love.

Yes, I do love him.

Just need to find the right way to tell him.

~

It's now the day after. Well, more like the night after. It's an hour before midnight and me and Alex are on the roof along with the other people in my building. The landlord decided to throw a new years eve party and invite all the tenants. All of us celebrate with dancing and listening carefully to the radio for the countdown to begin.

I watch over the edge of the rooftop to watch the other people on the street, celebrating as well. All of the streets are closed, and while the sides are filled with parked cars, drunk partygoers stand and sit on the cars. It's a miracle that none of the alarms are going o-

Never mind, three just went off.

I laugh and snicker at the unfortunate people who have to get scolded by the police moments before 2021. I get surprised by a pair of arms snaking around my waist.