15: Vega and Altair

Danni POV:

Calling: "Rory Gold :3"

(Danni is in italics )
(Rory is in bold)

Hello? Danni?

okay be honest with me

Yeah?

did someone really lose their slipper during the ball?

I could see Rory grinning behind his phone at me right now. I already knew the answer but I wanted to hear it from him.

As a matter of fact yes, someone did lose their slipper Danni.

Before I could curse, I heard a second voice laughing from Rory's side.

Is that Romeo?

Oh yeah, he's losing his shit right now. Guess you owe us both some money Danni.

Yeah yeah I saw the VOD, just wanted to confirm it. Where are you guys?

Oh we're just hanging out on the roof of the hotel. Romeo and Eret were talking it up so I had to come see for myself.
How are you? Are you still at the hospital?

Right now, yes I am
But I'm getting discharged earlier today, Gonna head back to my apartment afterwards.

Awe that's good. How are you and Quackity doing?

I blush at the question.

We're doing good...still haven't gone on that date yet. I just spoke to him an hour ago, He said he's doing okay and that he's totally down to reschedule whenever.

How sweet, I'm getting a cavity just from listening to this. You two really are cute together no lie.

I roll my eyes in sarcasm, even though he can't see it he can still sense it.

Yeah, I really wish I could say bye to you two but the doctor says I shouldn't be going out in the cold weather for a while.

No no no no it's totally fine! The three of us could always face time or call on discord. Don't even worry about us.

Ah shit I gotta go, I'm heading down to the lobby right now. Text you later?

Of course, Bye Danni!

I hear a second voice screaming bye to me, obviously Romeo.

Byeeee!

Call ended.

I put my phone away in my pocket and get into my parents car. They agreed to drive me back to my place.

The road trip itself was fun. I haven't seen my parents since I moved here for school, so it was nice to tell them what's been happening lately. Apparently, I'm not the only one who had a bunch of surprises this year.

My mom got a promotion at her job and is now the new head marketing manager at her supply store depot.

and my dad has been doing good at his accountant office, nothing new has happened with him, but nothing bad has happened either.

Somewhere along the way...I feel asleep.

I had been expecting another open and shut nap, but not this time. This time it felt like and actual dream was happening.

I knew this because I found myself in a familiar void, one that I missed very dearly.

D.Q?