10: dinner

Danni POV:

Today is the big day. Well, more like semi-big. Today is the dinner but next week is the ball. If that's the case, then why am I so nervous? If not then, Who am I more nervous to meet?

The dream that I had last night was very weird. I knew from the start that D.Q wasn't real, yet why did it hit me so hard when he left. I woke up, crying my eyes out over a figment of my imagination. Did I really desire love that much?

"Danni? uh are you okay?" Finn says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." I say as I continue zipping him in his dress.

Around August, the dress fit him perfectly. We're trying it on the week before the ball just to make sure it still fits. Mariza's own fits just fine. But I needed to make sure Finn's still fit.

"So, are you nervous about tonight?" Mariza asks, not looking up from her phone.

"Kinda, I mean I'm really excited to meet everyone but I hope I make a good impression you know?"

"Well I mean its going to be fine, Technoblade is coming and that Jeremy guy is his plus one. You know them right?" Finn says

My eyes widen when I heard Jeremy's name. Did he really go with Jeremy?

No, I hadn't told Finn and Mariza of the Techno and Jeremy situation. I didn't want them to hate the guys but still. I just decided to keep this to myself.

"Oh yeah, I go to university with them. Anyways how does it fit Finn? Nothing is poking you?" I say, trying to change the subject as quick as possible.

"Yeah, it fits perfect!"

~

It's now the night of the dinner. I couldn't decide whether to wear a simple dress, or a semi-suit. Y'know the ones where people wear a turtleneck and a blazer with chains? kinda like that. (A/N: idk either)

I did the eeny meeny mieny mo method and fate picked the semi-suit for me. It was an all black outfit, I added a silver heart necklace and dress shoes. I didn't bring a side bag (totally not because I forgot to pack one, I didn't because of style 😎) so I was just bringing my phone.

The dinner was taking place in the hotel itself, the Charity Ball reserved the whole restaurant for all of us. Imagining that, I got even more nervous because of how much people would be there. And imagining Techno and Jeremy there just makes my palms sweat with anxiety.

I didn't want to face them.

Not tonight.

I quickly made a promise to myself to avoid them at all costs tonight and made my way out of my room and to the elevator.

~

I was downstairs in front of the restaurant waiting for Finn and Mariza. We all agreed to go in together, while waiting I feel someone tap my shoulder.

"Uh hello, are you Danni?"

I turn around to see a guy, 5"8, with big doe eyes and very fluffy hair. He's wearing a long-sleeve and dress pants, simple semi-formal look. He looks familiar, but I just can't place it.

"Yes, that's me...sorry if this seems rude but haven't I seen you somewhere?" I say, with genuine confusion.

"Oh uh yeah my name is Zak, but people just call me Skeppy."

"OHHHHH I remember now!!! I watch your videos sometimes. My favorites are the soundboard trolls and 'my friend edits my video' ones!! It's really nice to meet you Zak.