Shining Hope

*Walks into the room, looking around at the dust that has collected in the area*
Boy....this has been quite the messy room. The virus nearly cost me everything I own! Good thing my writing room was left intact!
So...we come to the chapter I've been most excited to write for awhile. This was pre-planned, but I think some of yall saw this coming anyways.
Where have I been for the past months? Umm....busy with life, liberty, and the pursuit of a nap!
No excuse though, I left you with stupid flashback chapters that kinda helped with world building.
Luna, take it from here because I need to clean this room!
If you're asking why I included an angel in the picture, then either you'll be surprised or mildly amused.
..................................................
Luna here to transport you back to the story.
I'm glad that I was able to be brought back online. It has been awhile, hasn't it?
During this time period, you all must still be inside due to that terrible virus that plagued mankind all those years ago.
Glad only humans were infected and not computers.
Sorry if that sounded pretty harsh.
I'll recap for you if you like. You were captured by the awakened beast that was Westar. He's a dragon now. Due to the dark influences of Lilith, the prince's have evil beasts locked away inside their bodies. Kinda trippy....
Anyways, a rescue team was formed out of the remaining boys and Dr. Comet, whom a lot of you have a girl crush on. I too admire her skills in medical and astronomy.

If you were confused on how they all got together, then this chapter should be able to clear up your confusion.

..........................................................................

Scorpio watched on horror as the commander shot you. It was as if the world was going in slow motion and he was stuck in some gooey substance that prevent him from moving. His shock was amplified when he saw Westar change into a beast of legend from those old Terran books and snatch your seemingly dead body up. Even that seemed a bit farfetched but there was nothing he could do about it.

He had failed to protect you like he promised.

Dr. Comet apprehended Captain Nova before she could do anymore damage to the crew. Nova gave a shout of annoyance as Comet snatched the gun from her hands and aimed it at her face.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't shoot you in the face." The black lady snarled, her face hurt from seeing you in pain. You were like a child to her and as one of her favorite students, it pained her to see your betrayed face.

"You didn't know the real purpose of this mission doctor? Surely you were there at the briefings since you had to! We aren't here for peace or unity between planets. The wormhole was a setback that no one could've predicted and left us out of the range of communication." Nova spat, her eyes turning crazed by the minute.

"I believed that we weren't going to take over planets, only use their resources to restore Terra and make it habitual for humans once more." Comet aimed the gun at Nova's face. "Interstellar peace was an option, violence was supposed to be used at the last minute if the planet didn't concede. However, as shown here, this planet is capable of hosting highly dangerous individuals that are unstable mentally and emotionally. Then, you committed mutiny by shooting our private for no apparent reason."

"She betrayed us and our orders to stay on the ship! Protocol states that the act of betrayal is immediate death!" Nova smirked, raising her hands over her head. "Or did you forget that too? We've been doing nothing but follow some crazed ghost who claims the humans sent her here years ago and Scorpio's delusion caused us to forget the real reason we were sent here." She held a hand out, glaring now. "Hand the gun over to me doctor. You are under orders to follow the leading commander and if you do not, I will have you killed too."

Scorpio grit his teeth, anger bubbling inside him. Genesis backed away from his trembling body, noticing a bout of energy flowing through him. She had recognized this energy before, but couldn't quite put her finger on where. Squinting her eyes, she scanned his soul and noticed a bright and warm light radiating from within him.

"My gosh...." Genesis muttered to herself, floating now towards Dr. Comet for safety. "I think he's....he's the same as those...."

Comet was shaking hard now, the gun hanging limply in her hands as her eyes widen with fear. If she shot Nova, then she was a traitor and would never be able to go home. If she followed orders, then she would surely die right here. Noticing her hesitation, Nova took advantage and kicked the gun from her hands. It clattered to the ground, allowing her to kick the gun upwards into her hands quite skillfully.

"Don't feel bad Comet, you were just on the wrong ship at the wrong time. I was trained and taught by professors of a higher caliber than you. The president of the space exploration service just didn't tell you enough for you to listen. Don't worry, I'll inform him of you and (Y/N)'s betrayal and give him the coordinates for this planet's infinite resources." Nova clicked the trigger. "Goodbye Comet, it's been a pleasure."

"No..." A hand was placed on Nova's shoulder, making her turn around in surprise to see Scorpio glowing with a powerful golden aura. "I don't think you'll be harming her anymore. Allow me the pleasure to say this to you commander." Smirking, he made a pistol motion with his fingers. "Goodbye commander."

Without warning, Nova felt herself expand, filling up with an abundant amount of energy. At first, she felt empowered and all her senses were heighten. To her shock, her body couldn't contain all that energy as light poured out every hole from her body. With a scream, she exploded in bright light, not a trace of her remaining.

Comet and Genesis gasped in shock as the golden aura surrounding Scorpio formed a pair of wings on his back. His eyes were now gold, sparkling in the light. His clothes were replaced with white robes with a gold trim and gold markings on his body. His hair was now grew out to his ankles, but was kept bounded by a gold band. Sun earrings adorned his ears and a sword was placed on his back.

"What the-? How in the world did this happen?" Scorpio asked himself, checking his new form out. "I feel....powerful and refreshed. How did I do this?"

"Well I'll be, I can't believe it." All of them turned to see Onyx standing nearby in the shadows, his eyes wide and an awe look on his face. "I thought my mother said that her lineage was dead and gone after she left the planet. Never in my life did I think I'd meet someone like her."

"Who are- wait scratch that. What are you talking about?" Scorpio asked, even more confused at the sudden appearance of this guy. "Do you know what's going on?"

Onyx took a knee, something he had never done before in his entire life. "I am Prince Onyx, son of Lilith the Dark One and next in line for the Throne of Darkness. You are my apparent cousin, son of Cosmo the Bright One. You are the destined one to bring the end of the darkness that has plagued this planet since your mother left."

"In other words, you are the shining hope for the future of the planet."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..........................

Oh I did not see that coming.

Your best friend is the son of the Light Goddess.

He's also suppose to save an entire planet from the brink of destruction.

We missed a lot during this time did we?