𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

Pairings: Technoblade x reader
Warnings: Angst, references to death/murder
Pronouns: They/Them

——————————

There wasn't much to remember from that night. In fact, (Y/n) wanted to do everything in their power to erase their memory entirely of that day as it was just too much for their fragile heart to handle. (Y/n) was regularly a sweet and kind person, but something in their head just clicked and they felt their emotion just completely switch off.

Tubbo, their best friend, their closest companion, almost like a little brother to them, had just died right before their eyes. It was absolutely heart-breaking and almost impossible to overcome. How do you overcome a loss as tremendous as that? It's difficult, right? So can you really blame (Y/n) for acting the way that they were?

The dark, violet blanket hung over the sky with twinkling stars strewn across the view. The only other sources of light were the glowstone lamps that hung across the festival. And, of course, the deadly weapon that carried the loss that they felt today.

Fireworks that sparked the colours red, white and blue erupted into the sky, rockets flying out of the crossbow that the man they thought was their friend was holding close to him. And when the smoke finally cleared, what was to remain other than Tubbo's lifeless body, tiny fireworks still sparking in his skin.

(Y/n) curled up on the side of their bed, sniffling and sobbing loudly. They didn't care how many tears flowed down their face. their cheeks were red and their eyes were puffy from crying for so damn long. They just couldn't help it. And the one framed photo that they had of them and Tubbo that stood on top of their shelf didn't exactly cool their sorrows either. It was as if he was smiling down at their depressed state, unknowingly staring at their teary eyes.

The door of their bedroom creaked open and they didn't even bother to look in the direction that the light poured in from. They spent hours sat in darkness, nothing to light the room but a candle because their room had no windows, due to living in a ravine in Pogtopia.

Technoblade.

He slowly trailed towards (Y/n), feeling a tiny bit of remorse after looking over their crying face. His scarlet cloak was taken off his shoulders and all that was left of his formal attire was the white-buttoned shirt, the dark trousers and the red belt her tied around his waist, as well as a number of bandages that were wrapped around his forearms and calves.

"Go... Away... Techno..." They sniffled, barely being able to get their sentences out as they continued to sob through their words. Their hands were placed over their glowing cheeks to wipe the tears as they formed, still shaking very gently

"(Y/n), I just don't want to see you upset..." He answered truthfully, scratching the back of his palms and looking down towards his feet shamefully.

"You're the reason I'm upset, Techno..!" They hiccuped between each word. "How the hell do you think I feel?!" They snapped, their hiccuping slowing down as they felt more angry. Their body whipped around to face him, their fingers digging into their blankets and pillows as they grasped it tightly.

"Uh... sad..." He said awkwardly, unsure of what to say.

"Yes, I feel sad! You- You fucking... You killed my best friend..! My brother... Mercilessly!" They winced as they continued to speak, it felt like thorns were wrapping around their neck as they gasped for air and tried not to choke, keeping their tears in.

"I swear, it wasn't mercilessly..." He mumbled quietly.

"You know, you have a lot of nerve showing up back here in Pogtopia..." They growled, looking down at their knees and allowing her locks to drape over their face. "I'm surprised Tommy would even allow you to walk freely after what you did..."