Chapter 1

I watch as she sits in the grass while she looks over the valley. The orange sunlight dances through the trees and casts shadows over her beautiful features. The pink clouds contrast with the purpling sky and the stars freckle the sky.

I sit in the grass next to her and nuzzle into her sweet-smelling hair. I pick a yellow flower from the ground next to us and tuck it behind her ear. She turns to me and instead of her usual sweet smile, she looks upset.

"Will you remember me, Spencer?", she asks as he takes my hand in hers.

"Of course", I reply.

"Say you'll see me again", she pleads.

Her front teeth are stained red from chewing on her bottom lip, smearing her lipstick. I bring my hand up to wipe my mouth on the back, and I find the same color. Her eyes are watery and she is barely holding back the stream of tears that threaten to fall.

"I'll see you again, I promise. I'll remember you just like this; your dress, the sunset, everything. I'll come back to you", I say gently.

"What if it's not the same?", she asks.

"What do you mean?"

"When we see each other again. What if you don't feel the same way anymore?"

I cup her cheek in my hand and brush a stray tear from her cheek. She leans against my touch and presses a kiss to my palm, leaving a light lip print behind.

"I'll always love you, Y/n. Even if it takes me years to find you again, I will still love you."

"Will you marry me, too?"

"I'd give you the whole world. The day I find you, I promise I'll make you my wife."

She tries to blink away her tears but it is not enough to stop them. She pushes away my hand and buries her face in my chest to muffle her sobs.

"I don't want you to leave", she cries.

"I don't want to leave either, baby."

"You could stay. We could build a house right here and start a family. We can live happily ever after and grow old together", she mumbles.

"I will stay as long as I can, love. I won't let you go."

I position her on my lap and rest against the large rock so I can support her weight. When she calms down enough, she removes her face from my shirt and looks over the valley. She asks me to point out the stars to her and when I look to the sky, I am surprised to see every constellation I recognize at the same time.

Just as I finish pointing out Monoceros, my vision starts to turn dark around the edges. I try to shake it away, but it doesn't help. Y/n sits up and the concerned expression that paints her face is obstructed by my blurry vision.

"Spencer?", she asks.

I open my mouth to speak, but my voice is being stolen from me. I choke on an apology as she holds onto me tightly, not wanting to let me go.

"Don't leave me!", she cries.

In a flash, I am back in my bed, staring up at the ceiling while my alarm blares.