Chapter 4

"All you had to do was stay, Spencer", she huffs. "You had me in the palm of your hand, but you left anyway."

"I'm so sorry, Y/n. I tried to stay, I really did."

"You were gone for so long and you just left me to pick of the pieces of the mess you made."

I lace my fingers with hers and tip her face towards mine, but she would still not me in the eyes.

"Let me make it up to you. I'll do anything."

"People like you always want back the love they pushed aside", she says, tears replacing the anger in her eyes.

"I didn't push you aside. I tried so hard to stay but I wasn't strong enough. I can't promise you that I will be here for long, but I will come back as often as I can", I say as I brush her hair behind her ears.

"You're lucky I love you", she smiles.

"Will you please let me take care of you before I have to leave?", I beg.

"If you go before we're done, I'm gonna be mad", she teases.

"I can't promise anything, but hopefully I can give you enough."

She lets me guide her to the bed and I lay her down gently. She opens her legs and I hook my thumbs into her panties and slowly pull them down to her ankles. I gather the bottom of her skirt and push it up her legs, revealing her soft thighs and smooth skin. Just as I reach the apex of her thighs, I feel my head start to spin.

"Spencer", she whispers.

I grab her hand and hold on tightly. She gives me a reassuring squeeze as she says her goodbyes.

"I'll be back", I choke out.