Chapter 32

When we land, we go straight to the courthouse, leaving all of our bags in the SUV.

"That's a problem for later." Rossi had said.

We walk down the familiar corridor where I had my altercation with Leora and the memories start rushing back. These past months have been nothing but pain and longing, but for the first time since Y/n's trial, the spark of hope is warm in my chest.

She is trying to be subtle about it, but I know Emily is keeping an eye out for Y/n and making sure I stay clear of her. It's most likely a wise idea because there is a high chance that I would faint upon seeing her.

We enter a room similar to the one that Y/n and I... liaised in the last time and I can't decide what emotions I should feel.

I need to be focused on the case, but I feel like I'm entitled to be a little distracted. I swallow dryly as I try to pay attention to the conversation in the room, but their words go over my head.

I look at the wall and I picture myself held against it as she has her way with me. I pull on my collar to allow some cool air to flow over my flushed chest, but all I can think is Y/n pulling on it in the same way, but for a very reason.

Get it together, Spencer! I'm trying to get this woman out of jail and all I can think about is her fucking me. What is my problem?

"How are you doing, Reid?" Rossi asks, clapping me on the shoulder.

"I only feel a little lightheaded, so I'd say that's a good sign." I chuckle. Humor is how a lot of people cope with the feeling of impending doom, and it seems like I am one of them.

"We've been over this case a hundred times and Aaron knows what he's doing. You have nothing to worry about," he says reassuringly.

I mumble a quiet thank you before I go to the chair next to the door. I cross my left leg over my right and fold my trembling hands in my lap.

To the casual onlooker, I look as calm as could be, but I am in a room full of expert profilers. They can see right through me, but honestly, I don't have the energy to mask any more than I already am.

"Agent Hotchner?" A tall, blonde woman says from the doorway. "Miss Y/l/n is ready to meet you."

My eyes snap up to Hotch's and just as I am about to rise from my seat, he keeps me pinned with his eyes.

"It's best if I go alone," he says.

My mouth falls open, gaping in confusion, but I stay seated. Why won't he let me see her?

"C-can you at least tell her that I'm here?" I ask.

"She'll see you on the stand, Reid." He says shortly before walking brisket out of the room.

The corners of my eyes burn in tears that I won't let fall. I look up at Garcia, who is now standing in front of me with a sympathetic look on her face.

"What's going on?" I ask her.

"I can't tell you." she frowns. "There's a whole plan that I don't really understand, but all I know is you're not supposed to know."

"What the fuck?" I whisper under my breath.

"They're ready for you" The woman from earlier returns to the doorway to notify us.

So it goes...