14.

YOU WERE ELEVEN WHEN YOU FIRST MET JEON JUNGKOOK

Growing up in the rural areas of South Korea, you had never imagined a place like Seoul. The forest surrounded the Jeon House on all sides, trees bending together at the tops. The carpet of moss underfoot was so green and soft that you never bothered to put on your shoes wehn you outside.

Late one night, the brightness of the moon woke you. It poured into the room like silk, spilling over the wooden floors.

You were in a mood for exploring.

You slipped through the opened window and began to run. The Jeon Family was still sleeping, and you were just staying with them for the summer. If you didn't cause any trouble, you were fine.

"I am the queen of the forest," you hummed to yourself, twirling around in your ballet slippers. "And you shall bow to me." Your heart started beating when you heard a twig snap from behind you. For some reason, you didn't scream anymore. Nothing really scared you enough to bring more than a quickening of heartbeat. But you ignored it, and kept dancing, trying to block any negative thoughts out.

You didn't really think about the entire scenario until a good ten years later.

And deja vu hit you.

In an attempt to reconnect with your childhood, but also do some renovations and look after Jungkook's siblings' kids, you offered to stay with them again. They immediately trusted you and the summer after you graduated, Jungkook helped you move in.

"Thank you so much," he said, sighing. "I love them and all, but I need a break with my siblings." His voice was light in the warm night air. "I'll see you in a few days," he smiled.

You smiled back.

Later that night, you found yourself wandering through the woods again, nostalgia bringing tears to your eyes. But there was no way you'd pretend to play again.

Your silky nightgown billowed between your legs. The children had been placed to sleep, and the Jeons had left for their family vacation a few hours ago. You wanted to see how far you could go before you fell asleep, and soon you reached an area you'd never seen before.

"What is this place?" You wondered out loud. It was a boarded up shed, and you knew you should immediately get out of there.

There might be a killer, your mind thought, and you started backing up.

Backed up and fell on your back.

For a second, you felt like you were sinking, but you managed to get up without having a heart attack. Run, everything in your body almost screamed at you. And you did, you ran harder and faster than you ever did in your entire life. Run.

And then you realized that the voice wasn't from you but from someone else, which made you run faster. You could see the house up ahead a few hundred yards.