Raylin

He's dead. Gone. Blood drips from the knife in my hands. She did this. My monster. I stand there in shock. He's dead. I repeat the words over and over in my mind, trying to process the information.

The monster killed him. Tears well in my eyes, not because I loved him -I didn't, but because I could have stopped her. I'm the one in control. But yet she managed to slip past me. I should have stopped it. I could have stopped it. Now we have the blood of the cherished son on our hands.

I drop the knife, shaking. The council will kill me for this. Any explanation I give them will be ignored. They won't care that it wasn't me who killed him, at least not directly.

It doesn't matter that all I've ever done was obey and listen to their every command. I'll be killed. Dead by sun set.

Feeling the tears falling down my face, I look over at Jenna. She's my closest friend, she will know what to do. She looks up from where I dropped the knife to me. I choke on a sob. She's just as in shock as I am.

"J-Jenna I-I-I didn't m-mean to. It was n-not-" She cuts me off with a look. Trying to feel some sort of comfort, I wrap my arms around myself. Jenna hated Cane just as much as I did but this, this is unforgivable. I cave in on myself, almost falling to the floor before Jenna rights me.

I look up at her with hope. Maybe she won't hate me even though I've sentenced both of us to death.

"It will be alright my lady, but we have to leave now." She says sternly looking into my eyes with worry.

"We must leave Arcana at once, come now." She starts guiding me to the door. I nod at her, not quite sure as to where we are headed, but I know we can not stay here. Not after what my monsters done, what I let her do.

I linger at the door, looking back at Canes still bleeding body. I wish I could say that I felt something, anything other than satisfaction at watching him bleed out. Maybe I'm the monster. I think to my self as Jenna gives me a final push through the door.

I feel heavy, like when I'm being teleported, which is impossible, given that neither Jenna nor I are powerful enough to make one. I direct my eyes away from the ground and over to Jenna, wanting an explanation for this strange sensation, but she's gone. Everything is gone.

I stepped through the door to the hall way, but that is not where I am. It's white in all directions. Nothing around. My eyes snag on something in their rapid search for anything familiar. Three people stand across from me. All looking at my blood stained hands.

Overwhelmed by my new surroundings and my monsters take over, I feel my eyes flutter close. I know that the next time I open them, I won't be the one in control of my body. I completely give into my monster. Done with having to try and control her, to control myself.

My monster has always been stronger then me. I get the feeling that if I'm ever going to be able to leave this place intact she has to be in charge. As I hand over the reigns to our shared body I feel myself slipping into a sleep.

Our body falls to the floor completely exhausted. Hopefully by the time I awaken again this nightmare will be over.