seven

"Are you okay?"

Her mind was elsewhere. She couldn't focus even if she wanted to.

"Uh, yeah."

"You better pay attention to him, snape won't hesitate to give you detention this time."

Celeste hadn't told anything yet to either luna or cho, about the ugly truth, about the feelings she had for tom. She wasn't ready yet to let her two best friends knew. At least not now.

To be completely honest, celeste still didn't really know about her feelings. She was still not sure about it. Everyday, she tried to find a reason why she fell in love with tom. Just a single reason, the question that she always asked herself, yet still no valid answer to that.

She wento the music room, finally able to play the piano again. She played one of her favorite songs, lost in your eyes by debbie gibson. Her mother taught her this beautiful song.

"I get lost, in your eyes, and i feel my spirits rise, and soar like the wind, is it love, that i am in?"

She sang slowly and makes sure to lowered her voice. She didn't want someone to hear her here.

"It's like being lost, in heaven, when i'm lost, in your eyes."

Celeste stopped.

She was hoping for tom to show up and tell her that it was a great song and that she sang beautifully. But sometimes hope is a bitch, and hopes were just like prayers, it didn't always answered.

She looked back, empty. No one was there for her. She was all alone all the time.

Celeste got up from her seat and leave the music room.

She went to the great hall to had a lunch with the others. Luna and cho were already there, they already saved her a seat. She waved, then made her way to the ravenclaw's table.

"Hey where were you?" Asked luna.

"Music room."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No. Not now at least. Later maybe."

Her best friends had a feeling that she wasn't  okay right now. Something really bothered her, and as a good friend, they would help celeste went through everything, together.

The ambience, suddenly got really loud. Everyone was cheering, clapping. Celeste try to looked at something or someone that got all the attention. But still, she couldn't see it.

Cho and luna was already seen it. But they wouldn't tell her, they even tried to make her stay and not to look.

But she wouldn't stay still. She couldn't. She wantes to know. She finally got up from her seat, sneakes into the crowds and found tom walking with the gryffindor girl, the girl that he kissed the other day at the room of requirements. They were holding hands, and he looked really happy.

Her heart sinked. Again, she felt pain in her chest, not jealousy, but a physical pain that she could actually feel. She should've listened to her friends.

She went back to her seat, accompanied by luna and cho, she tried her best to not look sad, or hurt, by pretending that she was okay.

She told herself that it didn't matter. It was actually useless to love or even had a tiny feelings for someone like him. Heartless, couldn't or wouldn't feel true love or even a true feelings for someone. It was pointless. So what for?

From this day on, she made a promise to herself, she wouldn't think about her feelings for tom ever again. Everything that they had done together, was really nice, but just as friends, nothing more than that. And what he did the other day, it was wrong but, that was it. Not a big deal.

Celeste, luna, cho were chilling at the astronomy tower. Chatting, joking around, just a typical girls night.

"So wanna talk about it?" Cho opened the deep conversation that they about to have.

"Actually yeah. There is something i want to share, to both of you."

"Okay, this is exciting." Luna, always excited about everything.

"I admit it. I had feelings for him, and i--"

"What? Really? See i told you." Cho interrupted celeste.

Celeste rolled her eyes. "I'm not finished yet, and i said had, in past tense."

Luna grinned. "Let her talk, cho."

"So, as i was saying before, i had feelings for him, but i get it now. It's pointless right? He can't feel love, all he does, just playing around. And i want someone, who isn't just gonna play around. Besides, i think it's better if i'm just being friends with him."

"Well, that's, suprising, but, okay, i get it." Said luna.

"Yeah, it's better that way, honestly." Said cho, adding up.

The night arrived, promises were made, conversations shared, and a feeling had just ended. Maybe.

~