fourteen

Celeste woke up. The first thing she did was scan her surroundings. Everything was still the same. She was okay.

Last night felt like a dream. But everything happened for a reason right?

She could never lie about her feelings. What happened last night was really painful for her. But she didn't want drown in the sorrow. She wanted to get back up again. So, she put on a smile on her face. She had to accept what happened. The only way to let go is to accept.

Classes went okay. Just like the usual. After class, Celeste and her two best friends went to the library. No. They weren't there to study. They were at the library to chat. Celeste then told them everything. Every single thing that happened last night. It was still painful when she remember it. Maybe, nothing will ever make her forget the pain. Luna was quiet as usual. She loved to hear the story first. Meanwhile, Cho couldn't stay still. She commented on every single sentence. It annoyed Celeste so much.

They were both speechless in the end. What just happened? What was Celeste talking about? How did it happen? Why did it happen? All those questiona haunted Celeste.

All of the sudden, they heard shoutings. The noise was coming from outside the library. All the students who were silently studying got distracted by the noise. They were looking outside the window, even Madam Pince. Celeste, Luna, and Cho tried to take a look. But it was crowded inside the library and outside in the garden. The three of them decided to went outside to the garden. They asked a few students who were outside and witnessed it. They said that Tom Riddle and Blaise Zabini were fighting down there.

His name was ringing inside her head. Without further thought and without any hesitation, Celeste ran to the garden. When she arrived, she was surprised to find Tom and Blaise were already covered in so much blood. And the other students were just watching them. Some of the students were looking for Professor Mcgonagall, hoping that she would intervene.

It took too long. Celeste, who was being really dumb at the moment, stepped in between them to intervene. None of them expecte her to be there. Blaise threw a punch that was supposed for Tom, yet it landed on Celeste's face. She fell. She stared at him and cursed him, yet she still got back up and tried to intervene them. Tom was really mad when he realized that Blaise punched her. He was about to throw a punch at him, but celeste held him back.

By the time Professor Mcgonagall came, the fight was already over. They both got a detention and were not allowed to be in any of the class tomorrow.

The crowd was being dismissed.

She took him to the hospital wing to get some medication and to clean himself. Luna and Cho are told to go with Professor Mcgonagall to help her with something, so they couldn't be there to accompany Celeste.

When they arrived at the hospital wing, Celeste was looking for a band aid to cover his wound. She cleaned his wounds with warm water too.

"What the hell was that?" She asked.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? I swear i will kill  him i--" Tom scanned every part of her. He wanted to make sure that Celeste didn't get hurt.

"I'm fine. I asked a question. Answer it."

"He took my diary, and he read it out loud. I was asking for it back, but he won't give it back to me. So i hit him." He said.

He then told her everything. Celeste listened patiently. About how it all started and why the fight started.

Celeste applied bandages on his wounds. He groaned as she poured the alcohol to the wounds. Although, that wasn't his first fight with Blaise, or with anyone for that matter. He fought a lot.

"There you go. You'll be okay." She said.

"Thanks. But are you really okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I barely feel anything" She lied.

It hurts like hell, she probably would get a bruise tomorrow morning. As it was her first time getting punched in the face. She also realized she was being stupid and she was too shy to admit it. So she acted like she was fine and it didn't hurt, while the truth was it hurts so bad.

Madam Pomfrey walked in. She brought a clean towel and clean clothes for Tom to wear. He would be sleeping in the hospital wing tonight, to speed up his recovery. And of course to seperated him and Blaise for a while.

Celeste excused herself back to her dorm and take a shower to clean herself. By the time she finished showering and step outside the bathroom, Luna and Cho were already there. They were about to have a shower too. After that, the three of them went to have dinner together as always.

She promised Tom to get him his dinner. Celeste asked for an extra dinner for Tom.

"Oh, i was about to take this to Mr. Riddle, but i guess you can take this to him?" Madam Pomfrey smiled then handed Celeste the tray.

"Of course. Let me take this to him."

Luna and Cho offered to go together but Celeste refused. She told them to get back to the dorm instead. Celeste told them that she wouldn't be long. They both agreed.

~