seventeen

First day of final test. Everyone looked uncomfortable. Panic, nervous, scared, stressed, everything mixed together. Celeste was nervous, but she tried so hard to calm herself. After all, it was just like any other test that she passed. No big deal.

She waited in front of the class. Tom was standing beside her. He hold her hand gently, their fingers intertwined. He tried to reassure and calm her down. Luna and Cho were also standing behind them.

And by that, first day of test, done. Celeste was relaxed after the test. It wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. They had lunch together. All of them. Celeste, Tom, Luna, Neville, Cho, and Cedric. It was an unsual sight of Tom to be there among students other than Slytherin.

He even joined their study group. The Tom Riddle wouldn't even bother to study. Yet, there he was, full of books around him. Celeste was really happy that Tom enjoyed being around her best friends. He wasn't even the cold and quiet boy anymore. He joked around, especially with Neville, his favorite.

Celeste was starting to get tired. Tom was really bored. Cho got distracted chatting with Cedric. While Luna and Neville were busy planning their holiday. They decided to call it off and continue later at night. They all went back to their own dorms to get ready for dinner. Meanwhile, Tom walked Celeste to her dorm, alongside Luna and Cho. He made jokes that made Celeste and her two best friends laugh. It wasn't like him at all. But Celeste loved it.

"That was a gaze of someone who's in love." Cho said. as soon as they entered their room and Tom left.

"He's fun. I like him." Luna said. "I think he's starting to fall in love with you." She continued.

"But how?"

"Luna was right. I don't know how, but that i can feel it. Trust me." Cho said.

"Are you in love with him?" Luna asked.

She went silent. She loved him. But was she in love with him? All she could think about was him. The way he made her feel things she never felt before. The way he talked to her. The way he called her cherry. It was silly but God, she loved it a little too much. She thought about the way he touched her. How he kissed her forehead, her lips, so gently. And above all, she loved how he was always there for her even when she didn't asked him to.

Luna's question was answered. Celeste smiled. "Yes."

Luna's smile got wider each time. "Then what are you waiting for? Tell him."

"Not now. I'm not ready. And we don't even know if he's really in love with me or it was just, that."

The three of them agreed. Especially Cho. She didn't want her best friend to got hurt by him again. She wanted Celeste to be very careful. Tom might be changing. But still. Cho wanted to make sure that the good side of Tom would stay. For Celeste's sake.

After dinner, they all gathered at the astronomy tower to chat. Luna and Neville continued studying. Cho and Cedric cuddled. While Celeste and Tom enjoyed the night sky. It was a perfect night. Not too cold, but still felt airy. The stars were shining. There was a beautiful moon too staring back at them. Tom was busy drawing in his book. He didn't let Celeste take a look. He said it would ruin the surprise. So she let him drew in peace. After a little while, he handed Celeste the drawing. He drew all of them together in the astronomy room. Celeste kept the drawing inside her notebook.

The day was late. They had a test waiting in the morning. They decided to call it a night. Cho and Cedric left first. Followed by Luna and Neville. Celeste and Tom were the last to leave. They strolled around hogwarts for a little while.

Tom kissed the top of Celeste's head. As always, she blushed. It made her heart fluttered. She responded with a big smile. "Good night, Tom."

"Good night, Cherry."

Luna and Cho were already inside waiting for her. She threw herself in the bed then closed her eyes.

"So, Cedric asked me to stay with him for a week at least, after we graduate." Cho said.

"That's great. What did you say to him?" Celeste asked.

"I said yes, of course. Even though i need my parents permission first, but i'm sure they'll be okay with that."

"Of course they will. What about you and neville? Any plans after graduation?" She then asked Luna.

"I want to take him to my garden, and spend some time there."

She nodded. What a fun plan, she thought.

"What about you, C? Any plans with Tom?" Luna asked.

Her eyes were now wide open. What about her? She didn't have any plans. Even if she did, he wouldn't want to go with her, would he? "I don't know. I was thinking maybe we could go on a vacation or something."

"No. The first thing you need to do is tell him how you feel." Cho said.

Celeste rolled her eyes.

"You need to be sure about him, C. You need to be sure that he won't ever leave you, that he's serious with you, that he won't play you." Cho contiued.

"I know. I know. I will. But not now. First, i'm not ready. Second, i want to focus on N.E.W.T.s first. Maybe i'll tell him on graduation."

"Well, i agree with Cho. But, take your time. Whenever it is, just not too late." Luna said.

Celeste nodded. Her two best friends were right. She needed to know his true feelings. And she needed to find the right moment. Falling in love was more complicated than she thought. Maybe it was because she fell for the wrong person. Or maybe a blessing in disguise?

~