ten

It's officially 1998 a new year began, a new hope created

It's officially 1998 a new year began, a new hope created. Skies were brighter, air were fresher, people were happier, yet celeste still hadn't decide whether she wanted to be happy or sad. Happy, because this was her last year at hogwarts, the place, a secomd home where she grew up and meet all her friends, and also she would be graduated and finally become the auror like she always wanted. Sad, because she would be leaving hogwarts soon, the memories, and even herself, would always be stuck there, her home.

Celeste and her parents were already waiting for hogwarts express. When the train arrived, she said goodbye to her parents. As usual, her parents would give her a hug, and her mom wouls give celeste her favorite cookies before she went away.

Celeste looked around, trying to find luna and cho. In the afar, she saw luna and cho. They were heading to her. Then they finally able to hopped into the train and sat together like always.

Each of them sharedd about their wonderful christmas. What they had done for christmas, what they got as a christmas present, what they ate for dinner, what dress that they wore, they shared it all. Celeste even showed them the picture she took with her family.

Still hours of a long ride to hogwarts.

"C, do you know that yesterday is tom's birthday?" Asked cho.

"Yeah, i heard his birthday is on 31st december." Said luna adding up.

"Really? I didn't know that."

"What kind of a friend are you?" Said cho then she laughed. Followed by luna.

Celeste rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up."

Tom. She hadn't really think of him these past few days. She was more focused on spending time with her parents. After all, that was what holiday is for right?

She felt bad. She should've knew his birthday at least. She should've bought him something, not just for his birthday, but also for christmas. She found out about his birthday too late.

But no need to worry, she could always sing for him and he would always love it.

The sky was getting darker by the time they arrived at hogwarts. It was late already. They were requested to went to their dorms immediately and have some rest before tomorrow's first class started.

Celeste wasn't tired at all. She already slept in the train. She told luna and cho to get some rest. She wanted to see tom before she went to bed.

Just when she took a step outside her common room, she looked back and find tom who was also walking towards her common room, probably to see her.

Celeste was surprised, but happy. And so did he, happy to finally meet his cherry again.

"Hey, i was going to look for you." She said.

"I was also looking for you when i heard you have arrived."

"By the way, happy birthday."

"You knew?" Tom raise an eyebrow, looking confused but couldn't hide the fact the he was happy.

"You want me to be honest? No. My friends told me. I do feel bad though i didn't bring gifts." She said.

"That's fine, i never get any gifts for my birthday, so i'm used to it."

"Oh you about to get a gift. Come with me." Celeste took his hand, to make sure he followed her.

She took him to the music room, and started singing 'happy birthday' song for him.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday dear tom."

He smiled, then pulled her into a hug gently. Luckily, didn't resist. Because it would be awkward if she did. "Thank you, cherry. Lovely, as always." He said.

"So, 18?"

"Correct."

"So how was your holiday?" Asked Tom.

"It was great." She said.

Tom caught the sight of her silver necklace. It was pretty. It was shining. Like her.

He touched the necklace. His soft skin touched her chest softly. It gave her goosebumps, and her heart pounded on her chest. But it seemed like he didn't care about that at all. Or maybe he didn't realize. All he did was just looking at the necklace and put it back.

"Beautiful. Christmas gift?" He asked.

"No. This is my birthday gift. My parents gave it to me."

After having a conversation for a while, tom walked her back to her common room. She needed some rest after a long ride, he knew that.

She said good night to tom, and went inside immediately before someone saw them together, still wandered hogwarts this late.

She cleaned herself and put on her sleep wear. The weather was cold. She put on her socks and sweater, then tucked herself to bed.

She saw cho and luna who were already fell sleep peacefully. A moment later, her eyes fell shut then she joined her two friends to sleep.

~