eighteen

The morning came quicker than they anticipated. It was officially the second day of test. Celeste was a lot calmer today. She had prepared well.

Like the day before, Celeste and her two best friends had already waited in front of the class. Tom came from behind her. He kissed her cheeks which surprised everybody around them. Especially Celeste and her two best friends. Luna and Cho gave each other a confused look. Luckily, Celeste handled that pretty well.

"Good morning, Cherry. Good luck."

She smiled. "Morning. Good luck to you too, Tom."

All of the students rushed in, second day of test finally begun. Two hours passed, everyone had already finished the test. The students went to the great hall for lunch. Some of them ran, some of them walk, some of them talked about how they didn't care about the results as long as they graduated, some of them analyzed the test question. Celeste and her two best friends were the ones who analyzed, as always.

Tom walked beside Celeste. He rolled his eyes. He didn't care whether he did well on the test or not, all he wanted was to eat. Neville walked beside Luna, their hands intertwined. Cedric walked behind Cho, with a couple of his friends.

After lunch, they all parted ways. Tom went back to his commom room to hangout with his friends. Cedric went to quidditch practice. Luna and Neville went to the library for a study date. Cho went back to the dorm, she needed a little sleep. Meanwhile, Celeste went to the music room.

She entered the room. Her habit was to look around the room before she played the piano. She didn't want anyone to hear her. She loved playing alone.

Her fingers touched the cold piano keys. She played All Out Of Love by Air Supply, his dad's favorite song, which turned out to bed one of her favorite songs too. All she could think about when she played the piano was Tom.

She remember the very first time they met. It was awkward. She could feel his gaze following her. She remember when his eyes landed on hers. It felt scary yet calming at the same time. It was like she knew she would be safe with him. Then a flash of memory crossed her mind. About their first kiss, their first lovemaking night. How he touched every part of her body softly. She remembered everything all too well.

She couldn't lie no more. She admitted it. She fell in love with him. She fell too deep. There was no turning back now. All she could do was just hoping that miraculously he felt the same for her.

"I love you, Tom." She whispered to herself.

Celeste spent almost an hour in the music room. She got up from her seat then leave the room. She needed to study for tomorrow's test. Celeste went back to the dorm, she wanted to check on Cho and invite her to study with her. By the time she reached Cho's doorstep, she knocked on the door. No response. She opened the door and find Cho still sleeping peacefully on her bed. She looked very tired, so Celeste decided to let her rest.

Celeste went back to her room to grab the books she needed for studying. After that, she went to the common room to study alone. Luckily, the common room was empty.

▪︎

Days passed, finally the last day of the test arrived. Everyone was beyond happy. Finally, after a very long journey at Hogwarts, it all came to and end. Few last days had always been emotional for the students and even the professors. Hogwarts had a little tradition, a farewell party. Everyone could come. The students, the professors, even the school staffs. There were no dresscode. Everyone could wear everything they like, as long as it was appropriate. Celeste wore a simple soft pink dress. She let her hair down this time, Luna braided her long hair, and Cho pulled her hair up into a bun.

Tom promised to get Celeste so that they could walk together. Luna already left an hour ago with Neville, and Cho already left ten minutes ago with Cedric. Celeste still waited for Tom.

A moment later, he came. Tom dressed up really nice. Like the usual, his signature which was all black. Black shirt, black pants, and black pair of shoes.

Celeste came to him. She smiled. "You look good."

"Thanks. You look pretty as always, Cherry." He kissed her cheeks, like always.

"I don't do well at parties." He said again.

"Yeah me too."

Then she remembered. She wanted to ask him something. She wanted to take him to the hogsmeade. But she was afraid. Afraid that he might say no. But she couldn't let this slip. She had to ask him. "So, uh, wanna hang in the astronomy tower after this?"

"Sure. Why not." He said.

After a few non alcohol drinks, Celeste parted ways with Luna and Cho. They both returned to the dorms to sleep, while Celeste went to the astronomy tower with Tom. It was a very weird night. Tom held her hands everywhere. He didn't want to let go. It made Celeste really happy. She didn't know what it meant. Maybe, she didn't even want to know the truth. She just wanted for this to last as long as possible.

Once they reached astronomy tower, they sat down letting the fresh air entered their lungs. It was now or never. Celeste knew she had to ask him.

"So i've been meaning to ask you this, but i'm too scared you'll say no." She said.

Tom chuckled. "What is it?"

"So, i was planning on going to hogsmeade this holiday break. And i want you to come with me. But it's totally okay if you don't want to."

He replied instantly. He didn't even think about it. "Yes. Yes i'd love to go. Besides, I need some fresh air."

Celeste was very relieved to hear that. Thank god he said yes. If he said no, then it would be the death of her. It would be super embarrassing.

Tom sighed. He laid down then closed his eyes."You know, you don't have to be afraid of me saying no. I'll go anywhere with you."

I'll go anywhere with you.

Would he really? Celeste thought. She began to think that maybe, somehow, he felt the same way. Maybe she refused to see the signs. They way he had a nickname for her, the way he held her hands so softly. They even kissed and made love. Couldn't that be love?

Maybe it was just all in her head. Maybe she was just too scared. Everything became clear now. She needed to tell him how she felt. She needed to let him know before it was too late.

It was getting late. Tom walked her back to her dorm. Celeste stopped to look at Tom one last time before she went inside. He looked tired. But he looked gentle and soft. Like it wasn't even him at all. He looked good. Well, he always did. But this time, he looked really really good. It was so unreal.

Tom leaned closer, then he kissed her forehead. He didn't say anything for over a minute. Celeste didn't even know how to breathe, let alone to look into his eyes.

"Good night, Cherry. Have a good sleep." He said.

"Good night, Tom." Celeste smiled.

~