twenty two

*5 years later,
Ministry Of Magic Headquarters,
London*

▪︎

Years later, she got her dream job. She had a bright career. She was loved by her colleagues. She was also one of the best auror that the Ministry of Magic had. She had no competition because nobody could ever replace her. At least not in another thirty years.

She worked with a few of her schoolmates like Harry Potter and Ron weasley. Back then, they weren't close. They knew each other though. But it all changed the moment they went to work. They were all friends now.

Everything had changed. It wasn't the same as five years ago when Celeste was just a teenager. She grew up, and so did her best friends. Luna was married with Neville. Cho was also married with Cedric. They were both very happy with their lives. Even though the two of them were happily married, they still hung out with Celeste almost every day. They were still best friends.

But it was all different for Celeste. She was still single. It wasn't because nobody liked her. Everybody loved her. Man came and went from time to time to steal her heart. Yet, she always rejected them. Everyone was so worried about her. Including her parents and her two best friends.

Even after five years passed, she was still hoping for him. She waited for him. Celeste hadn't heard from him for over five years. He might be already married with someone else. But still, she waited day and night for him.

"You need to move on, C. He's not coming back to you." That was what Cho had always said to her.

"But what if he comes back?" And that was what Celeste always say afterwards.

"It's been five years and he never even look for you. He knows where you live. But has he ever come her to see you? Never. You need to let him go, C. You need to move on with your life."

"Cho is right. We are so worried about you. Only you can change everything. Make the right decision, C." Luna always added afterwards.

Her two best friends were right. She knew it. But she was still hoping for some miracle to happen. She was still in love with him. Nothing and no one could change her mind. If only she knew where he lived, she would come to see him. Yet, she tried to find him. She tried to locate him. And she found nothing. As if he was gone. As if he never even existed in the first place.

Celeste was beginning to forget his face, his voice, and his touch on her skin. He kept every drawing from him. That was all that's left of him. A memory of him. She missed him too much. It hurt her too much.

Maybe, it was time for her to let go.

~