sixteen

All the classes were done for today. Next stop was library. Celeste and her two best friends needed borrow some books to study for N.E.W.T.s tomorrow.

She would be lying if she said that she didn't miss his presence around her. After this morning, it was like he disappeared. Celeste secretly looked for him everywhere. In the hallway she passed, the classes she been to, the great hall, the garden. Nowhere to be found.

"Hello, are you paying attention to us, C?" Her focus now shifted to Cho who was waiting for an answer. The answer was no. She did not.

Celeste nodded. "Yes. Of course. I'll grab my notebook first."

After she went back to her dorm to grab the notebook, they started the study session. It wouldn't be just the three of them. Some of the other Ravenclaw girls joined them. Seeing a Ravenclaw study was like seeing someone in a cult. They were all so focused that the conversation they had for three hours straight was the test materials. No wonder why they were all clever.

Finally, they all decided to take a break. The sky had turned dark, and dinner was coming really soon. Celeste, Luna, and Cho went back to their dorms to have refreshing shower.

The three of them were came early. The hall was still empty. Just a few Gryffindor and Hufflepuff students. The Slytherins were nowhere to be found. Celeste was hoping that she could see Tom. She missed him. She wanted to talk to him. It was like he was gone for the day. It wasn't like him. Maybe he avoided Celeste because he was angry at her? Maybe he avoided Celeste because he thought last night was a mistake? She didn't know.

One by one, the hall was filled with students. The Slytherins came in groups. Celeste was still looking for Tom. She was relieved when she saw him entered the hall with a few of his friends. He caught her staring eyes. Usually, Celeste would look away. But not this time. This time, she didn't break the eye contact. She wante him to notice her.

He smiled then waved. She did the same.

Relieved. That was all she could feel. At least now she knew he wasn't avoiding her. Maybe he was busy all day. His gesture made her smile. It made her heart fluttered.

After they had their dinner, Professor Dumbledore wished the students good luck for tomorrow's N.E.W.T.s. Most of the students got a good luck letter from their parents. Celeste also got one from her parents. She looked for Tom in the crowd of happy faces. And there he was. The only one who didn't open a letter. The only one who wasn't smiling. The only one who sat still staring at his friends. She felt sorry for him.

The three of them promised the other Ravenclaw girls for last study session before bed. Celeste wanted to talk to Tom first, so she told her two best friends to joined the study session without her for a while.

Even in a crowd full of students, she could still find him. She chased him. And when she was close enough, she touched his shoulder gently. He looked back and found her standing. He smiled and told his friends to go without him. There were only the two of them now.

Tom offered to walk her back to her dorm. She agreed. "I just want to talk to you." She said.

"Is there something wrong?"

Celeste rolled her eyes. "Yeah. You. You didn't talk to me for a whole day. I thought you were avoiding me."

Tom chuckled. He stopped walking and turned to face Celeste. "Did you miss me, Cherry?"

It made her heart stopped. Of course she did. But she couldn't tell him. She didn't want him to know. Because it didn't matter, did it? He wouldn't feel the same way. So she just laughed it away.

"I just want to sorry for not waking you up this morning. You looked so peaceful. Sorry that you're late because of me." She said.

Tom shook his head. "No worries. It was just potions. I don't really care about it."

She nodded. "Well, i have to go. My friends are waiting. Good luck for tomorrow. Good night, Tom."

She didn't gave a chance for Tom to talk. She walked away from him. But he managed to stop her. "Cherry, wait."

She stopped walking the turned to face him. They were inches away now. Her heart was beating so fast. Tom leaned in and kiss her cheek. Then he smiled. "Good night." He left after that.

If there was a chance that he loved her the same way, she wanted to know. Because she wanted to move on. But how could she move on when all he did was making her stayed in love with him? Could he change? Could he actually feel love for her? Celeste could only hope.

She went inside and found her two best friends with the other girl studying. She said hi then joined them. "Just talking?" Cho whispered to her. She loved teasing her.

Celeste rolled her eyes. "What did you expect?"

Her mind was still evolved around him. He was always on her mind. Their relationship was messy. But she loved it. She loved the feeling of having him near her.

~