Black Coffee & Bruises

You put down your 5th cup of black coffee. It was already around 8:00 am. Students were starting to gather in the great hall for breakfast. You spent all night alone in the Library gathering information about banned potions. You couldn't sleep, you didn't even go back to your dorms last night.

But the majority of the time you spent thinking about your placement in Slytherin, wondering if you'll ever see your parents again, Harry and his friends, Cedric, having to spend an entire semester in detention with Professor Snape and Draco.

And of course- thoughts of Draco alone. More specifically, on the astronomy tower. Your body was still shivering thinking about the cold sharp rain that was constantly pouring down on you while you stood there hopeless in front of Draco with his wand pointed directly at you.

Brooke practically saved your life as you were on the ground soaked in rain water.

Everything after being taken down with McGonagall to the Hospital wing felt blurry. Like a very lucid fever dream. Thoughts were gathering back together as you sat and thought about it more.

You remembered that Brooke and Harry met you down at the Hospital wing as you were getting your gash on your face cleaned. You sat there with a thin blanket dripping wet as Harry proceeded to aggressively whisper at you something along the lines of- "what the hell were you thinking!! You could've been killed!"

Brooke backed you up and defended you from Harry as she also aggressively whispered back something along the lines of- "give her a break Harry!! Draco's her friend...she was worried for him...you would probably do the same for Hermione, wouldn't you?"

And Harry and Brooke followed to argue with each other for you, while you were in the middle of them still not staying a word. All you remember thinking in the moment was that your slippers were absolutely ruined from the water.

You took another sip of your coffee and pulled out a crumpled up envelope out of your Slytherin robes.

Somehow Alissa was still awake at the time and was nice enough to bring you a new set of clothes. Which was very convenient because you were trying to avoid Draco at the moment.

Under wishing you just stayed in the Gryffindor commons eating doughnuts and drinking hot chocolate with Ron Wesley, you wished you didn't expose your feelings towards Draco while he was trying to murder you.

After all it did save you some extra time and caused you not to be killed by Draco, but dying sounds a lot easier now.

This led you not wanting to talk to Draco at any moment of the day. You don't know how he will act around you. Could it be any different now? You were hoping the potion could cause memory loss but you read that it didn't.

You placed the damaged envelope on the dark wood table beside your mug of coffee. You accidentally left Draco's letter (the one he gave to you before dinner yesterday) in your sweatpants all night. This caused the the letter to crumple up and the ink to smear due to the rain water that were soaked in your clothes.

It was impossible to read what Draco had written to you. This was your fault.

You put your head down on the edge of the table and closed your eyes.

Why couldn't you just stay in the Ravenclaw house like you were supposed too. It was that simple, and you made it so much worse.

This would've been so much easier if Cedric drank the potion, or even yourself.

You lifted your head back up and scanned the hall wondering if any of your friends were coming for breakfast.

It was Monday. You usually sleep in on Monday's and skip breakfast, but since you haven't gotten sleep, you were up drinking your breakfast.
Brooke usually slept in with you when you were in Ravenclaw. She must still be asleep.