The Conversation

Later that day i made my way to the great hall and i felt more anxiety walking down the aisle then ever for some reason, something was off . As i walk making my way to Ron Harry and Hermione i hear Harry talking about overhearing professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore snogging ,
I gag just setting myself into my seat and say "Merlin Harry is there anything you don't hear?", "Trust me it's not something I'm proud of." Harry says as we all let out giggles , lunch soon came too and end and just before me and Ron could separate a longer distance I grabbed his arm gently, "Hey um, can we talk in the common room for a sec?." I say so nervous about how the conversation was even going to go, "Of course y/n let's go."
Ron says as he walks close next too me the whole way there, as we get there it's empty to my surprise, I was hoping for at-least one other person to be there to make things a-little less weird .

"So what did you want to talk about y/n?."

I gulped hesitant to speak.

" I have something I want to talk about and I really hope this doesn't ruin anything Ron," I say fidgeting with my sweaty hands , he noticed and put his hand on my knee and said "We're best-friends, you can tell me anything" everything went silent and cold , I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. And I couldn't speak.

What do I say to him? I thought. If I told him I've loved him since we were kids and denied it half of our friendship just because I didn't want to ruin it he'd probably run away and I wouldn't blame him.

I felt paralyzed. I felt like I couldn't talk, what felt like hours of tension was only 2 minutes. Suddenly I had a sense of panic just realizing he was staring at me, "I-I'm sorry Ron." I said as I got up and ran up to the dorm slamming and locking the door behind me before he could even get a word out, I slid down the door dramatically and cried . I'm so overwhelmed and embarrassed, how could I be such and idiot to think he would ever even like me back?, I don't want to mess up our friendship, I guess I'll have too take my feelings to the grave.

"Y/N!" He said calling for me from the common room, I heard foot steps up each stair one by one and I felt the doors weight increase as Ron sat on the ground in-front of it . "Go away." I said, "Why would I leave you to cry, love open the door so we can talk about whatever it is you need." He said in a deep calming voice . I closed my eyes imagining him holding me , my stomach full of butterflies which  only made my heart hurt more.

"How could a boy like him love a girl like me?"I thought.

As My thoughts caved me in and my anger and sadness suffocated me I yelled "GO AWAY WEASLEY I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU." Everything went silent as I heard his heartbreak from the other side of the door , the doors weight decreased as I heard Ron get up and walk away saying nothing .

What the hell did I just do? I screamed into a pillow and threw everything possible in the dorm that was mine. How could I hurt him like that ?, why the hell did I do it ?.