part 1 - dreadful life

ring ring.

Ugh. That awful, displeasing sound of the alarm. It woke me up around 8:00 am, along with Stefanie Salvatore. 

"Morning lovelies!" my aunt entered our room. She walked over to the curtains, opening them with no hesitation, revealing us to the sun. My aunts best friend, Bonnie, recently made our daylight rings. We were just getting used to the sun. 

"How are you guys, in a morning as beautiful as today." 

"Ugh, mommy please. You say that everyday." Stefanie said rolling over to the other side of the bed, trying to get away from the sunlight and continued to have her beauty sleep. "Let us sleep."

"Uh- no. Not today. I hope you guys remember that-"

"Yes aunty, we remember." I said slowly rising up from my bed. 

"Well done then, I'm going to go back downstairs and help Damon prepare breakfast. I'm sure he already made the kitchen very dirty." we all chuckled, knowing she was right. All my uncle could do was baking pancakes. 

It was August 30. Another dreadful day if you asked me. I've been living with my aunt and uncle since that night about 6 months ago. My parents had died. It was a very sorrowful and miserable night. We had all just left the Mystic Grill, laughter keeping our mouths busy. My uncle could always manage to make us smile. 

*flashback*

"Mom can I crash at Stefanie's today?" I asked giving my mom the look.

"Hmm let's ask Elena shall we? Elena," she said looking at my aunt, "Could Hazel sleepover with you guys tonight?" 

"Sure thing." she said patting my back.

"Just please don't cover the couch with blood. You guys drink a lot when we let you be... you" my uncle said. Making us giggle with worrisome. 

"Oh don't you worry brother, I taught Hazel some tricks and strategies on being a successful vampire." my dad said.

"I'm sure you did Lucas," Damon knelt down to my dad's ear,  "the same ones I taught you when you came back to us?" he whispered, but we could all hear it.

"Didn't have any better tricks." 

"Of course you wouldn't. I'm the smartest vampire alive here." we all looked at him with an unsatisfied look, "I mean dead." he finished his sentence. 

"We should get going, it's getting really late." my mom said after we were done laughing.

"Tonight was really fun Hannah." my aunt hugged my mom, and then I hugged her, then my uncle, then stefanie, my best friend.

"Don't have too much fun." my dad said hugging me, then my aunt, then my uncle, then Stefanie. 

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" I said as they stepped in their car, leaving. 

Who would've thought that was my last seconds, last minutes, last memory with them. 

They died in a car crash, a car crash where I was also supposed to be with them. In that car. In the same car that went over the Wickery Bridge. I was supposed to be there. But instead I was busy having fun with Stefanie.

*now*

"Morning snack?" Stefanie asked handing me a blood bag, unfocusing me from my thoughts.

"Can't say no." I said reaching over to grab it. We both started drinking it, our eyes turning red, our vampire veins becomes visible right under our eye, our two fangs right between our teeths appear.