part 5 - Boys

"You're finally here!" Stefanie shouted as I entered the common room of Slytherin. Most of it was covered with green. A print of a huge snake on their curtain. Green leather couch right across the fireplace following another black leather couch next to it. Additionally a round black table with 4 black chairs. "I've been worried about you!"

"I'm fine Stefanie." I said sitting down next to her.

"No you are not Hazel." she grabbed my hand, "please open up to me. I'm your best friend. That's what friends are for."

"Stefanie-" I started tearing down, "I- I'm... lost." Then I held back my tears. Not showing her my weakness

"Shh- Hazel." She grabbed me into her arms. "It's ok. It's ok. Everything will be ok."

I didn't want to tell her about Bella. About Draco. About the part of me who still hasn't mourned her parents. 

I couldn't. 

I slowly closed my eyes in her arms, feeling safe and peaceful somehow. Stefanie reminded me of my aunt when she tried to make me feel better after my parents death.  

--

The next morning, we got ready for breakfast. I took a quick shower. Putting on the school uniforms and opening my hair and leaving it as it is.

But I still haven't smiled.

I was thinking of last night the whole time I was getting ready. I still couldn't believe what happened with Bella. I had to apologize to her. I had to do something. She was my friend.

"Stefanie!" I screamed at her, she was my roommate. No one else was in our dorm which made both of us more comfortable.

"Yes?" she screamed back.

"Are you ready?" 

"No." 

"Weird." I whispered to myself. Stefanie usually gets ready fast. Unless... she is getting ready for someone.

I quickly run into the bathroom and see her putting on some lip gloss as well as other makeup.

"Who is it for?" I asked her smirking.

"What?" she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. 

"The makeup silly. I know you, you have got your eyes on someone. Who?"

"Connor." she said smiling not making it hard for me to get it out of her.

"Connor? Who is he?"

"I don't know but he is so pleasing." she said smiling more.

"Ok Stefanie Salvatore, have fun falling in love. I'm going to find Bella." I said laughing and making fun of her. 

"You are so annoying!" she said throwing me her mascara. 

"So are you!" I said throwing it back and giving her a quick hug. I continued laughing as I got out of our dorm. I opened the door and see that nasty little fool standing right in front of me.

Draco Malfoy.

"Hi." he said trying to sound innocent.

"What do you want?" I said trying to look away from his magnet eyes.

"We couldn't finish what we started last night." he said bringing his hand and placing it on my cheekbones.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I said removing his hand from my cheek.

"What's wrong?"

"Like you care." I said walking away. He followed me.

"You were the one kissing me last night."