part 28 - her death

I walked back and forth in the room, trying to stop my tears. But more and more continuously came. From time to time Bella was sobbing, screaming, but at times she was quietly crying. I had no idea what was going on in her mind.

"Hazel..." she started to speak. "She is gone. She is not here anymore." she said quietly. I quickly went next to her and sat with her. 

"Shh." I said hugging her. "She will survive this. We will all get through this. I promise you." I said trying to calm down Bella. 

"Do you know the last conversation I had with her?" Bella said as I felt her tears coming down to my arm. 

"What?"

"I told her that she was a dramatic vampire for caring about you too much."

I let go of our hug.

"What?" I asked but this time more devastated than ever.

"I am so sorry Hazel. I messed up so bad and I know it. I am so sorry for leaving you. I was the dramatic one myself." she continued to cry and speak at the same time making it a little hard for me to understand.

Just then, Draco came back with two mugs in his hand. "I brought you guys water." he said innocently. 

I walked next to him, or let me correct that not walked- ran, and grabbed the two mugs full of water and threw it on his face.

"How do you find the audacity to talk right now?!"

"Hazel-"

"Our friend may or may have not died because of you right now." I said trying my best to keep my temper in control. 

"I-"

"I don't wanna hear your voice Draco. I don't wanna see your face. I want to forget about you right now."

He took a pause to breathe. "You don't mean that..." he said hurtfully.

"No- I mean it." I said seeing their handmaid walk in. I quickly ran to her and dived in her neck. Drinking the blood ounce by ounce. Not leaving a single drop. But the blood didn't taste. It wasn't tasty anymore. 

I was too numb to taste it.

"What are you doing?" Draco said once the girl dropped on the floor by a big blood loss.

"Proving to you how I meant every word I said." I said and snapped her neck.

"Stop it Hazel!"

"Stop what?" I asked wiping away the blood from my lips. He came next to the maid and grabbed her body somewhere else. I had no idea where. 

I went back to Bella. Sat next to her again. She was shaking. 

I put my hand on her knee, "What you said earlier... it hurt. I'm sure it hurt me as much as it hurt Stefanie." she looked back at me. Her eyes were just like her mothers when she cried.

"I swear I didn't mean it Hazel- I d-don't know what came to me." by each word she said she cried more. 

"Shh. I know." I said surrounding her around my arms again. "But right now we have to stick together. Right now, we need each other the most."

"So do you forgive me?" she said hugging me back.

"I do." I said while my tears dropped to her hair and hers dropped to my arm. 

"Do you think she is ok?" she spoke after a little.

"I don't know Bella. I don't know."

"Can we ask him to bring us back again."

"I will never bring you both back there." he came in the room without the body of his maid. "Not until this is all over."

"How did I ever love you?" I asked standing up. "How did I ever love someone as selfish as you!" I went next to him. "My friend is dying or might have died and all you care about is my safety."

"It is." he said proudly.

"Answer this one question. If you had the chance to take it all back, if you had the chance to not bring us here again, or to not use vervain on me again. Would you take it?"

After a few seconds he answered, "No. I would do it all over again with no regret. I wouldn't wanna fear losing you." 

I lost control of my hand, a sound of a slap echoed through the room. I slapped Draco Malfoy.

His hand directly went to his cheek. The redness covered it. Without saying anything else I went to sit next to Bella.

Many memories of Stefanie came to my head. A long trip down to the deep and meaningful memories. I couldn't stay sane. I was losing my sanity each second.

It hurt too much.

It hurt losing her.

It hurt not having her with me.

It hurt losing my cousin.

It hurt thinking how Damon and Elena would feel.

It hurt losing my best friend ever, I knew her since the day I was born. She was like a twin to me. She was my half.

It hurt losing my half. 

I was incomplete.

I stood up, turned around to face Bella. Draco was sitting at the corner. His face also turned towards me.

"Bella-" I said crying more and more. "I'm s-so sorry b-but I have to this." I closed my eyes. Felt the switch right under my heart, the switch that controlled all my emotions. It was pumping for me to turn it off. 

I clicked the humanity switch button. Making it off. Losing every single emotion I had, other than hunger and being careless. Evilness.

I opened my eyes again.

I looked around feeling nothing.

"Hazel you did not!" Bella yelled when I opened my eyes again.

I looked at her with a blank face expression.

"What did she do?" Draco asked being confused.

"She turned off her humanity." Bella said suddenly going quiet.

"What does that mean?" Malfoy said walking closer to us.

"It means that she doesn't feel anymore. She lost her feelings because it got too overwhelming for her to control. Including her love for you."

"What?" Draco asked again.

"Don't you get it Malfoy! Stefanie's death hurt her too much she had turn it all off! She doesn't feel anymore. She doesn't know love, care, kindness any emotions. Majority being sadness." 

"You're lying." 

"No. She isn't." I said wiping away my tears. "Ew. Why the hell did I cry for that girl?"

"How do we bring her back?" Draco asked looking at Bella, "How do we make her feel again?"

"I don't know." she said demoralized. 

"What do you mean you don't know?!" Draco asked being demoralized with her.

"It's hard. She is completely a vampire now. There is no human left in her."

"You guys are pathetic." I said walking around.

"Hazel?" Draco asked coming closer to me. "Who am I to you?"

"A boy who killed my best friend."

"Is that all? There is nothing left in your heart that feels something for me?"

I walked closer to him, smirked, looked into his eyes. They didn't give me the chills they used to. I went next to his right ear, and whispered.

"What heart?"