part 21 - the task

More and more people started to come in. I heard laughter all around. Many people were smiling. Professor Mcgonagall was right, this dance was really going to help people be happy. 

"Nice dress." Connor said as I finished the drink I was holding. 

"Thanks."

"Where is Malfoy?" I didn't answer him because I didn't know where he was. And I couldn't answer a question I didn't know the answer to. "Oh- not really surprised." Connor said realizing I wasn't going to answer him. 

"Drink?" I said offering the last 5 sips of the drink I had. 

"Are you drunk?"

"Vampires don't get drunk."

"Cool." he said as he quickly drank the drink I offered him, "Wow strong." he put away the drink.

"Mhm." I said still looking around and having the hope to see Draco somewhere.

"Did you get a new necklace?" Connor realized the necklace Draco put on me. I haven't taken it off since.

"Yea- uh- Draco got it for me."

"Very clever of him, it looks gorgeous on you."

"Thank you."

"Anytime." he smiled at me. I smiled back. "They'll start the dance soon. Are you excited?"

"I suppose. You?" I lied.

"Very." a smirk grew on his lips. 

"You weakling little fool!" a very known voice yelled as he came closer to us. "Coward!" he said holding Connor by his suit.

"Calm down mate. Hazel is here." Draco turned back to me. We had the most meaningful eye contact for 10 seconds before Connor interrupted. "You lovers."

"Don't start Connor."

"What happened?" I asked not currently knowing anything. "Why are you so late?"

"Not right now Hazel." he said looking at Connor.

"Right- not now, not yesterday, not tomorrow, never." I said as I started to walk away from the two of them. "I am the coward one here for loving you!" I screamed at Draco before I fully got out of the ballroom.

My ears focused on their conversation.

"Why did you?" I heard Draco talk, "why did you do that to me?"

"Do what mate?" Connor said trying to get Draco off his shoulders. 

"Oh don't act like you don't know. Why did you give us the love potion?"

"You and Pansy you mean?" Connor said chuckling.  

"Don't ever put her name next to mine." Draco said holding his suit tighter.

"My bad." Connor said pushing away Draco from his suit. "Well you did love her didn't you?"

Draco wouldn't answer, "I'm never wrong." Connor said knowing Draco wouldn't answer, "You'll have Pansy and I'll have Hazel." he emphasized my name. "Plus how did you get off the potion effect in an hour. I thought it would take the whole night." I could feel Draco holding himself back. "Who knows what could have happened at night." 

I lost it.

Using my speed I ran towards Connor, I grabbed him by the shoulders and dived in his blood. His hands went around my waist. His blood tasted tasty. It had flavor in it. Draco quickly grabbed me off him right when I was getting to the appetizing part.