part 31 - transition

"It's real Hazel. She's here." Elena said smiling at me while her eyes were full of tears. "My daughter is a survivor." she hugged her once again while I stood there, listening to Stefanie's heartbeat.

This really was real.

Once her mother finished their hug, I walked next to her, not being able to hold my tears back. I sat next to her. She looked so pale. Not blaming her since she was the one getting experimented for days. 

Who knew what they did to her. 

"Connor." I said my eyes still locked on Stefanie, "come here... please." He did as he was told. "I promise this won't be a problem." I said as I grabbed and bit his wrist, giving blood to Stefanie. She really needed it. After couple sips Stefanie's face was getting back to her own skin tone. She grabbed ahold of Connor's wrist and got the blood she needed. 

"Ok that's enough for now Stefanie." I said removing his wrist from Stefanie's mouth. I then, fed Connor my own blood to heal him. He backed away leaving me and Stefanie alone.

"You don't know how miserable we were without you." I spoke desperately. 

"Oh trust me I know, I've listened to you guys until I was getting weaker and weaker." she smiled at us. I wouldn't call her a strong vampire yet, she at least needed 2 bodies of blood for the 2 days of torture. 

"Stefanie-" Bella said kneeling down next to me, "welcome back." she said and hugged Stefanie tight. I couldn't hold myself back. I hugged the two of them making all of us having a group hug again. 

The unbreakable trio. 

We all cried, happy tears, we continued hugging each other more and more tight as seconds passed by. Being so grateful.

--

We carried Stefanie upstairs, laying her on one of the couches. Thanks to generous Narcissa, she didn't need as much blood she usually would need, Mrs. Malfoy gave her plenty of food. Stefanie slept after her stomach was full of food. Her eyes shut down the second we put the blanket on top of her.

She must have been so tired and exhausted.

When I saw that she slept, I knew it was the time to go back upstairs to Draco. "I'll be back." I told everyone who was in the living room and started to walk upstairs. 

With each step I took, I felt more. The guilt inside me was getting stronger and stronger each second. Not knowing how Draco would react to all this. Or if he was going to choose to die or not. Or if he would ever forgive me.

I finally arrived at his door, I slowly opened expecting to see him awake, but he wasn't. He was in the same exact pose and spot I left him at. I slowly went next to him, removed the hair that was covering his beautiful face and saw his eyes. 

I started crying more. And more. Then more. 

I sat down next to him, watching him, waiting for him to wake up. There was nothing else I could do anyways. I didn't have any other option.

*knock knock*

"Who is it?" I said wiping away the many tears I had. 

"It's me." Damon said leaving more quiet knocks.

"Come in." the door slowly opened as Damon came in the room, but he closed it back when he fully entered the room. 

"What's wrong with him?" he said seeing Draco unconscious. 

"He's in transition." I said sobbing to my own words. "I d-did it to h-him! I k-killed D-draco."

"Hazel-" Damon started speaking but I cut him off.

"I know. I know. I know. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have turned it off. But I was feeling grief stronger than ever Damon! I couldn't hold myself back! Everything was falling apart- Everything was-"

"Shh." Damon said grabbing me into his arms, my tears sprinting down onto his black jacket. "It's not your fault." 

"It is!" I said crying more. "I wanna die!

--

It's been at least 2 hours. Draco was still not moving, his heartbeat was not beating, his charming silver-grey eyes were still closed.

Damon didn't leave me alone since he came to check up on me. He was sitting next to me, waiting for him to wake up with me.

"Hazel-" he was the first one to talk in hours, "he should be awake by now."

"He'll wake up soon." I said still having hope. Damon waited for a couple minutes to come up with an answer.

"Maybe him being a death eater is preventing it."

"Preventing what?" I asked puzzled.

"Him turning into a vampire."

"What are you trying to say Damon?" I was trying to make him detail his thoughts.

"What I'm trying to say is that-" he paused. "He's a death eater right?" 

I shaked my head, not having the passion to speak.

"A death eater is a supernatural being, so maybe-" 

"You're telling me Draco is dead?" I said standing up. 

"I'm just saying maybe him being a death eater changes everything." Damon said giving out a nervous and a terrified smile.

"No."

"Hazel-"

"No- No. NO. NO! He can't be dead. There is no way Draco Malfoy is dead. No way! No. I didn't kill him!" I spoke even though, deep down, there was a part of me that agreed with Damon. "He's going to wake up! This isn't how our story ends!" I continued screaming. 

Damon tried to make me sit back down but I used the loudest voice I could ever use to let out my pain. Which made everyone come up to Draco's room. They could all hear it, whether they were a vampire or not. 

Elena opened the door with Bella and Connor behind them. Stefanie must still be resting. They unhurriedly walked in the room.

"What the hell happened here?" Connor asked the question everyone was wondering. 

"He is de-"

"He is in transition!" I cut off Damon's sentence knowing what he was about to say.

Bella grabbed me out of Damon's arms and gave me a not so comforting yet a bit comforting hug. Connor came next to Draco, he also sat next to him, I assumed he was going to wait with me. Damon went next to Elena, whispering something quick into her ear I didn't have the time to listen to them. 

Bella slowly let go of our hug, "You will get through this." she said patting my arm.

"There is nothing to get through." I said sitting next to Connor and waiting for the beautiful eyes of Draco to open again. "He'll wake up. He's ok."

"Look Hazel-" Damon tried to speak again, but I didn't let him demoralize me or make me believe into anything. 

"Stop it Damon! He will wake up. And I'll be right here when he does. He's ok." 

"He sure is." Two people said coming into Draco's room. Two brothers.

Elijah and Klaus Mikaelson was in Malfoy Manor.