part 29 - switch:off

For the rest of the day, I didn't communicate with either Malfoy or Bella. Instead I went around the house, finding drinks to consume. However, I could hear them plotting many ways to get my humanity back. Me, not caring, knew nothing they'd do would ever make me feel again.

I had nothing else to come back to.

I was in Draco's dad's office. He had many drinks all over his room. Soon, I heard a knock. 

"May I come in?" Draco said coming in.

"Come- go- why would I care?" I said lying down on the black leather couch. 

"Bella told me all about it... the humanity switch."

"Good for her."

"Not so good for you though." Draco said coming closer to me. "I need you back. We need you back." 

"Do I look like I give a damn Draco?" he didn't answer me, "if it does look like that, just to clarify it, I couldn't care less."

"This isn't you Hazel."

I slowly stood up from the black couch, facing Draco, "This is the new me. Accept it or leave it." I said walking past him. But his arm said otherwise. He held me back and continued talking.

"So you don't feel anything at all?"

"Nothing." I said facing him once again.

His arm pulled me closer to his body. My legs touching his. His hand slowly started going down on my hips, "Do you remember what it felt like when my hand touched your body." he said raising his hand to my waist, "Or what it felt like when we danced and I held your waist as close to mine as possible," now his hands slowly went up to my shoulders. "Or what it felt like when we hugged. When we were miserable for each others comfort." His hands went up to my cheekbones.

His eyes were staring deep into mine.

I looked away.

He held my chin and made me look back at him, "Or when I'd touch your face, and you'd jump into my lips." Just like that, for the first time, he left a kind kiss on my lips.

"Get better tricks Draco." I said pushing him away from me. "This doesn't make me feel anything. I don't feel anything. I mean- why would I? You are the one that technically killed my best friend. I'd say you should be the one to turn off your emotions. But you are not a vampire." 

He backed away more. Not looking at me anymore.

"Aww, did I hurt poor Draco's feelings?" I said sarcastically. "Speaking of vampires, why did you want to be one? The first day we met? Why did you ask me to turn you?"

He instantly looked back at me, "because I was terrified of dying."

"Well- couldn't say the same." I said leaving the room. When I was walking away, Bella entered the room. I focused my ears to hear them.

"Did it work?" was the first thing she asked when she entered.

"No." Draco said devastated. 

"Ugh."

"But-"

"But what?" Bella said with a tone of hope in her voice again.

"She is still in there somewhere. I could see it in her eyes."

"I hope so."

"Agh." I said walking away from them, finding it completely hilarious that they could make me feel again.

I walked back to downstairs, to the kitchen, to find any sort of food. Blood would be the best, but that was no option in here. 

"How do you feel?" a voice I haven't heard for a while entered the kitchen. I turned around and saw him with his messy hair.