part 15 - the cure

It's been an hour and no one has still entered from that door. It was already past curfew so I wasn't expecting anyone other than Malfoy.

The dark veins had already came up to my stomach close to my chest. I was terrified. I kept remembering memories, I kept having visions just like Klaus told me I would.

*flashback*

"Hazel, Hazel, listen to me. Look at me. Look into my eyes." Julian was trying to calm me down while I was losing control.

"I can't stop thinking about blood Julian! I need blood. I'm going insane! Julian I-"

"Hazel! Listen to me! Are you listening?" Julian Gerard said as I tried my best to calm down my temper. "There you go. I've watched my father train and help so many new vampires. Marcel- my father- did it the best and I will help you too. I will teach you control. Just calm down. Please..."

His eyes were shining very much. He knew I needed help. And I needed it emergency.

"What's going on here?" Rebekah entered Julian's room.

"Nothing mom." he lied.

"Julian. Now what have I told you about choosing-"

"My friends carefully so that I don't get hurt." Rebekah, his mom, must have said it way too many times for him to memorize it. "Don't worry, I've got it controlled."

"If you say so." she said giving me a death glare and closing the door.

"Your mom hates me." I told Julian crying, "everyone hates me. Everyone hates me! No one loves me. No one!" I quickly ran towards the other side of Julian's room and continued crying more.

He walked next to me.

"Hey." he said wiping away my tears. "I don't hate you. I love you."

Julian was the person who taught me how to control myself. How to be a good vampire. How to control the blood cravings. He was my first best friend. My first love. My first heartbreak. He was also the son of Marcel Gerard and Rebekah Mikaelson.

*now*

I woke up to a soft voice saying, "Hey." His voice was so hopeful. It was a familiar yet mysterious voice. It gave me the chills each time I heard it. "I'm here. I'm back."

Draco.

I couldn't speak and he knew that. I slowly opened my eyes, his hair was messed up. His face was red. His eyes looked like they haven't gotten sleep for weeks or maybe that was because he cried. He took out a flask from his pocket.

"I've brought it for you. The cure. I got it. For you." he said smiling.

"Tha-" Just as I found the strength to speak I lost it again.

"Shh. Everything will be better Hazel. I promise you." he said as he stood me up making me sit down on the bed. My back was against his chest and my head was resting on his shoulder. His left arm supported me, surrounding my whole back.

It was only me and him in the room.

Just the two of us.

With his right hand he put the flask on top of my lips which automatically opened a gap in between my top and bottom lip. The blood of the Dark Lord slowly started to go down to my mouth then my throat then going to every other part of my body.

After every drop of blood was transferred from the flask to my mouth, Draco threw it on the ground.

"Hazel? How do you feel?" he said as he also put his right hand right on my stomach. Then his hand slowly started to go up to my face, he gently held my chin with his thumb and turned me towards him. I got to see his lovely appearance.

"Better." I said not changing the view I had in the moment.

He removed the blanket that was on top of us and saw my legs. The dark green veins were going away.

"It's going away. It worked. The cure worked!" Draco smiled and chuckled as I still continue to glare at his appearance.

He looked back at me noticing I didn't stop looking at him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Why aren't you?"

I gave him the best moment to play me. The best moment to make me feel insecure. The best moment for him to disappoint me. But instead, he looked away from my face.

"I owe you big." I said not trying to make the temperature awkward. "You typically saved my life."

"I'd feel bad if you died because of my blood." he said removing his arms from my body, making me feel dangered.

"How did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Get his blood?"

"I j-just did. Not hard."

"No- actually very hard." I finally felt my legs and stood up from the bed. "He's the Dark Lord he would never feel bad for anyone unless he wants something back. How did you convince him-"

I answered my own question of how Draco convinced him.

Draco was able to convince Voldemort because Voldemort wanted something back in return.

"What did he want Draco?" I said getting a little bit more concerned. "What did he want from you."

Draco ran away. He ran away from me. From his problems. From my questions.

But I caught up to him in less than a second, now that I've gotten my powers back I could be fast as flash of light again.

"Answer me." I said.

Now it was my turn to pin him towards the wall to get the answers I needed.

What did Draco Malfoy do to save my life?

"Don't make me regret saving you Salvatore."

"Quit it Draco! What are you going to do in return?!"

He looked everywhere else but my face.

"Why won't you answer me?!"

"Mrs. Salvatore." I heard that deep depressing raspy voice. Amazing Timing.

Professor Snape.

"Mr. Malfoy." he continued talking, "My office." We both gave him a blank face expression. "Now!"

I quickly let Draco out from the in between of my arms against the wall. But I still couldn't stop thinking about what Draco Malfoy promised Voldemort to save me.