part 16 - dark mark

Me, Draco Malfoy, and Severus Snape started walking down the school hallway together. Snape's black long cloak made it a little tricky for us not to step on. Me and Draco kept exchanging looks as we continued walking to Snape's office. Soon we arrived.

"Get. In." he said opening the door for us and closing it back loudly. "Do you guys have any idea of what you put yourself in?"

His room had many potions filled all around the shelfs. His round dark brown table was in the middle of it all with a green leather chair. 

"Am I talking with the wall or you two?!" Snape started getting more angry when he received no answer from us.

Draco couldn't help but leave out a couple giggles escaping his mouth.

"Is this amusing to you?" Professor Snape started walking closer to Draco Malfoy, "Mr. Malfoy?"

"No sir." Draco quickly changed his face expression.

"That's what I've thought. Now you'll have your detention for 5 days."

"5 days?!" I finally spoke. "Don't you think that's a little bit of an exaggeration Professor?" 

"No Ms. Salvatore, indeed it's less for two people sneaking out after curfew and doing unpleasable things in the hallway."

"Yea-" I walked closer to him. "I don't think so." 

I focused right into his eyeballs and started getting control of his head. I started to use compulsion on him. The relief of getting my powers back was... indescribable. 

"You didn't see me and Draco tonight." I started talking.

"I didn't see you and Draco tonight." he rephrased me.

"You are not giving us detention, infact-" I said remembering the project me and Draco failed due to some, problems. Very difficult ones totally. "You are giving us an A in our projects. We presented to you and only you. Ok?"

"Ok." Professor Snape was now compelled by me. 

At least I took off a problem from my list.

I quickly held Draco's hand and pulled him out of his office.

"What was that?" he was puzzled.

"Mind controlling." I quickly let go of his hand after we were far away from Snape's office.

"Wow. Have you ever used it on me?"

"What?!" I turned around to see if he was joking. His face looked pretty determined for a joke. "No!"

"Alright. I'll walk you to your dorm."

"Why?" 

"To make sure nothing happens. Just in case."

"Yea I'm totally not the one who just saved us from a 5 day detention."

"Oh shut it." 

"You know, I didn't forget about what you have promised to the Dark Lord-"

He cut me off, "It doesn't consider you Hazel."

"It sure does, and sooner or later I will find out."

--

None of us said any other word the whole time. I was walking a little ahead from Draco. Once we arrived in front of my door, I turned back at him. "Thanks."

"Good night."

"Good night." I said idolizing every corner of his face. Why did he have to look so, good?