32. 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲

PRAGUE LIT UP AS THE CARNIVAL OF LIGHTS TWINKLED INTO THE STARRY NIGHT OF THE CITY. Fireworks boom overhead in a secluded location, lighting up the sky with each of its own mystery colors hidden in each box. Like pom-poms that burst in the sky. The Ferris Wheel lights beam proud in midair, and as the wheel slowly rotates with each passing turn, the lights flickered like a party. The mere sight of the Ferris Wheel was as eye-catching as the carousel, but it was far more appealing to the eye.

Across from the Ferris Wheel, the carousel glistened against the golden flecks of the ride, and the lights shimmered almost dimly as it rotates--it looked like a disco ball. The beautifully painted horses were chip-free and looked more beautiful up close, especially with the lights reflecting against the colors and the golden specks. Or the benches on the carousel that lures up and down at a steady pace, a romantic spot for the couples that yearn for the space to be close.

Unlike the crowd that dressed in their best party attire, Eszter stuck out like a sore thumb--wearing her dark purple suit that easily caught their attention, noting she was the enhanced from TV, or at least, the smaller one. Eszter's green eyes scour through the partygoers, avoiding the many stares that lingered on her figure; Eszter Maximoff--Dusk--dressed like she was ready for a fight, which she was. It wasn't every day that they get to see one of the Avengers in their country, but it didn't seem to cross their minds that chaos seemed to follow them like vultures.

The boots on Eszter's feet clunk loudly beneath her steps as they glide across the pavement, making a slight noise from the leather as it crunches together. The blank stare took over Eszter's features almost too easily, and she kept her gaze out onto the streets, but her height failed to give her the view with the taller people all around her.

"Alright," Eszter puts her stride into a halt in the middle of the street, forcing people to rush around the enhanced who was unfazed by their grunts of annoyance. Her senses rippled like a wave, getting a feel of her surroundings, but Eszter didn't feel anything powerful lingering about. "I'm in position."

Occasionally, Eszter would hear, 'oh, my God! Look, it's the Dusk!' crying out in the distance. Then, she'd hear the common, 'Oh, it's her,' and, 'what is she doing here?'

Eszter's facial expression slithered into a grimace by burrowing her brows into an angry frown, lips curling into a scowl; with one deathly look from the enhanced, people immediately cowered at the mere eye contact they made. Eszter always expected this from the world, knowing they weren't too keen on the enhanced walking among them, but it would often be dismissed. However, it didn't mean that it left a harsh feeling in the gut, one that was too depressing to acknowledge.

In another circumstance, the festival would've appealed more to Eszter if she weren't here on an official business, a mission, more specifically, with too many civilians to count. A vacation that once was before it suddenly became a job that Eszter didn't want. Eszter silently cursed at Fury for dragging them into this mess, disrupting her and Peter from their time away from it all. The mere thought of running away from her past, but there was no escape from it.

"Roger that," Fury's voice surprises Eszter when she found herself lodged out of her thoughts. Still standing in in the middle of the street, distracted once against. The enhanced continues with her pace. "Parker, how's the suit?"

"The suit's great. It's awesome," there was a short pause before Peter continues, but his voice grew strained as he complains through the comms. "It's a little tight around the old web-shooter."

That caught Eszter off-guard, sputtering as she nearly choked on air; the rosy cheeks were speckled with the tint of scorching blush that burned on her skin, feeling awfully awkward to hear that. However, Eszter stifles her chuckle as she shook her head, a teasing smile evident on her face when she flicked her eyes upward in the direction of where Peter hid.