Drinks & Links

Omniscient November 7, 2020

Omniscient
November 7, 2020

Onika came home to an empty house, although she wasn't surprised, her wife being here would have made her feel better. She felt she needed a drink but then she knew she would just get drunk and alone. That's just boring.

She looked down at her phone and saw it was 7:49 PM on a Saturday.

She thought long and hard on what she would do. She knew usually her friends would go out on Saturdays around 9, but she remembered how distant she has gotten from them.

Onika looked down at her phone one more time before letting out a long breath and called Lauren. One of her friends she was most close to. Lauren answered on the 3rd ring.

"Nicki?"

"Hi LoLo." Onika smiled hearing her closest friends voice.

"Onika bitch I should hurt yo ass. Where have you been?"

She knew Lauren wasn't mad at her but she also knew Lauren was disappointed.

"I'm sorry Lo. I've just been caught up with work and things have been kind of crazy." She half lied.

"Nicki baby you don't have to keep lying for Aniyah. Where is she anyways?" She asked. Lauren had a deep hatred for her. Aniyah just made it seem like Lauren was jealous. Of course Onika believed her at one point of time.

"She is at work."

Liar.

"Mhm. Sure Nic."

"So Lauren, we should go out tonight. We all know I need a drink or too and I want to see you." She quickly changed the topic.

"Nicki you know i don't like it when you drink. But you already know we going out tonight girl. Me, You, and Kandi. I want you to meet my new little friend anyways" It wasn't that Onika as alcoholic, she just wasn't the best drunk.

"Not you cheating on me." Nicki was acting fake hurt.

Lauren laughed and let out a little "never." , before they traded 'see you laters' and Nicki hopped in the shower getting ready for the rest of her night. She didn't even try and call Aniyah.

Onika cleaned herself as she let Brent Faiyaz's 'poundz' play out.

A hour and a half later Nicki was ready to leave. Waiting for her friends to come breaking down her door.