Doppelganger

"She seems nice."

Aliza turned around to see the man leaning against the wall. She was getting used to his sudden appearance. Not finding it surprising, treating it as an everyday occurrence.

"Where have you been?" She asked. Aliza hadn't seen him this entire week, wondering if something happened to the guy.

He appeared just fine to her, now that she took a good look at him.

The man shrugged in reply not elaborating further.

There was always something oddly familiar about the man. He seemed to remind her of the Mikaelsons in strange ways. There was no point in trying to dig deeper into who he was because his only response was that when the right time comes, Aliza would know.

"You are right." He commented after a few seconds of silence.

"About what?"

"About Katherine and Elijah. You are right about them,"

"I am?"

The man nodded, "Elijah loves her dearly, though it has been years since they last met."

"She's still alive?" Aliza asked.

"Yes,"

"So what exactly happened between them?"

The man said, steadily eyeing Aliza, "Katherine was a doppelganger, Nik would have never approved of Elijah's love for her. Nik wanted to use her. But she ran away and turned herself into a vampire, he's been looking for her ever since."

"What an asshole," Aliza said in shock. And here she thought her mother was the one that held grudges for the longest time.

"He had his reasons,"

She scoffed, "Yeah I am sure he must have had some pretty good reasons for sabotaging his own brother's happiness." Her voice laced with sarcasm.

"You should be more careful," The man said, his voice serious and heavy.

Aliza stared at him in confusion.

He continued, "Don't let them know that you had been particularly nosy about their past. They don't like to talk about it, especially Niklaus."

"Relax dude, the amount of crime shows I watch I can actually bury a body and no will ever find it. Don't try to change the topic." She said, pointing her finger at him.

"Believe me I am not. I just don't wish for you to hate Nik without knowing his entire story."

"And what is his 'entire story'?" Aliza asked. She was never a fan of getting to know Niklaus. As far as she was concerned he was a whole box of rattlesnakes that she didn't even want to look at.

She hadn't seen much of him, not that she wanted to. His interest in Aliza was more towards her abilities as the Warrior rather than as a person.

His subtle involvement in her daily training wasn't so subtle after all. Aliza would notice how some days Joshua was replaced with some other guy she didn't know about, who apparently enjoyed trying to break her back.

It was easy to identify how the rest of the people in the house felt about her. Kol straight-up hated her, Rebekah never cared.

Elijah considered her as he said and she quote 'A wise company preferred over the hooligans that he is cursed to live with.'

Freya adored her and even Marcel and Camille, which was nice.

But only Niklaus knew how Niklaus truly felt about Aliza.