Chapter 3: Brulé Caramel Coffee?

*ps: This chapter is related to 'His Cupcake' (Book 1, chapter 5), in case you're confused about this part. You can read that small part to figure out what happened there.

Miguel POV

We ordered breakfast set for two and I just followed Carlos to have our breakfast at the rooftop. I insisted to follow him to the café as I wanted to see the girl that made him traveled to London. Well, another hidden agenda behind the business meeting.

"This coffee shop is not bad with the vintage style," I commented, letting my eyes admiring the design of the café.

"Yeah, I know it was your style." He added, knowing that I loved the vintage theme and even decorated my penthouse in vintage style.

"I will be glad to know the owner. I guess we have the same taste." I chuckled.

"What time we will meet Mr. Smith?" He asked, remembered about the meeting that we talked about yesterday.

"During lunch time," I answered while munching on the ham sandwich.

"Until what time you want to stay here?" I noticed the silence between us and I glanced at him. His eye was gawking at something behind us. I turned my eyes to the direction too and noticed that they were two girls standing there, one with light brown hair while the other one with curly sorrel brown hair.

"Hey," I called him, snapping my fingers in front of him. "You are obviously eye raping her," I said chuckling.

"That is not eye raping. I'm just admiring her mesmerizing beauty." He corrected me.

"She is indeed beautiful. No wonder she could catch your attention." I commented, looking in the same direction.

"Yes, she is." He praised, with the proud tone.

"Do you want to greet her?"

"No, not the right time yet."

"When will be the right time?"

"Soon, soon enough." A wide smile appeared on his face.

"Who is that girl?" My eyes were examined the girl in curly sorrel brown hair that taking a place beside Cassandra.

"Her best friend and at the same time is the owner of this cafe that having the same taste like you," Carlos said smirking.

"And surprisingly she is beautiful," I didn't notice my remark until Carlos teased me.

"Someone is being caught." He mocked.

"I'm just surprised by her look. I never know someone like that will love vintage." I brushed off his assumption.

I kept an eye on her unintentionally. She drinks something from the cup and it stained her lips. She licked it away which resulted in me to smile looking at her.

"And you are eye raping her now." Carlos's statement made me turned and looked at him.

"I'm just admiring her mesmerizing beauty," and with that, we laughed in unison.

After a few days

I secretly went to the café without Carlos noticing it. I visited the café in the evening so that I will not bump into Carlos there. I didn't want him to see me there.

"Hi, good afternoon, sir. How can I help you?" The girl in curly sorrel brown hair greeted me at the counter. She was the reason I wanted to come to this café.

"What can you suggest for me?"

"Do you want to try Brulé Caramel Coffee?" She asked with a sweet smile on her face and her tawny brown eyes caught my attention.

"Is it nice?" I asked intentionally so that she can talk to me more. No customer queue behind me, so I guess I have plenty of time here.

"You can give it a try but personally I loved that." She chided with an amused face, smiled all the way till her ears.

"Okay, I will follow your suggestion. I trust you on this." I raised my brows on her.

"Of course you can trust me on this." She reassured with full confidence. I can see how much she loved the caramel coffee.

"Do you love the coffee or caramel more?" I asked out of nowhere. I just want to know what made her so excited when she talked about that.

"I'm addicted to caramel." She responded while pressing the keyboard to key in the order in the system.

"Anything else you want to add, sir?"

"Miguel, just called me Miguel," I said ignoring her question. I don't like it when she addressed me with 'sir', too much formality.

"Oh yeah, sure." Her voice was slightly stuttered.

"Do you want to add anything else to your order?" She repeated her unanswered inquiry.

"No, that's all for now." I stared at her without blinking my eyes.

"Wait for a while, sir-"

"Name, say it." I motioned with a serious expression. The title 'sir' sounds too unpleasant to my ears.

"Oh, sorry. Miguel." There you are, it sounds better now. I smirked with my own thought. She hurried to the coffee machine behind her and prepared my order. I focused on her movement until the moment she handed me the well-prepared drink.

"Here you go." She carefully handed me the drink. I paid the money and ready to leave the cafe but not before asking her name.

"Pretty, what is your name?" I asked, turning my head back to her.

"Me?" A frown formed on her face.

"Yeah, you. I only want to know your name."

"Scarlet Addison."

"Nice name. Hope to see you again, Caramel."

With that said, I strode out of the coffee shop. I will be leaving soon to New York. I just have the urge to see her again before leaving this city.

Scarlet POV

"Caramel? What a strange guy," I mumbled in a low tone after the guy was gone from the cafe and out from my sight. I never had customers that asked me to call their name and people normally don't even have time to tell me their name. They just came to have some coffee. It's not like we are making friends so why does he even bother about the name.

"Indeed he looks weird, but he can't deny that he looks handsome," I said and smiled at my own remark.

******************