Chapter 30: No hiding game

Miguel POV

"Hello, grandson." The cheerful voice made me diverted my attention away from the pile of documents on my desk.

"Grandpa! Why didn't you tell me you will be here? I should pick you up." I couldn't hide the happiness that started to kick in to see the only family member that truly cares about me. I walked to him and immediately pulled him into a hug.

"You know this old man kind of getting bored and want to do some surprise." I chuckled at his words. I led him to the empty couch across my desk.

"When did you arrive?"

"A few hours before from a nice city." I flicked him a questioning look.

"Are you starting to date someone? Did you found someone new?" I teased him. I knew that he remained his status as single till now since my grandma passed away.

"That's nonsense. Your grandma will be jealous," he said in a whisper tone, "I'm so sorry, dear. Our grandson is being naughty. Don't worry, I'm still faithful to you," he added while looking out on the sky as if my late grandma was there looking at him. I shook my head and laughed at his action.

"Do you have anything that you want to tell me?" He asked after a moment. I crunched my brows as I tried to recall anything about the business that I haven't updated him. I took part in my family business after my dad passed away and at the same time I still run the Amigo's business with the guys. I can't let it goes since we started this before I took over my family business. Everything was in good condition and it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

"As per now, nope."

"You are so boring, young man. It is not the business that I'm talking about. I mean your life, your love relationship, your stepmom, and your personal life. Tell me, is there anything important that you think I need to know as your grandpa?"

"Or you already knew it?" I scanned him with suspicious eyes. Being someone with power and influence, he can easily get what he wants.

"Is this a trap, grandpa?" I inquired one more time since he ignored me.

"Whatever it is, I guess you will prefer to spill it before I asked someone to send me the whole document about your life," he winked at me and I restrain the urge to roll my eyes.

"Okay," I raised my hands as surrender. "Where do you want me to start?"

"Hmm, I want to hear about your evil stepmom first."

"She is not e-"

"She is, and you don't have to cover it for her. I know you respect her as your stepmom, Miguel, but you can't cover her evil attitude for your whole life."

"Nothing much about her, she set up a few dates for me. The girl is someone from the high society as she claimed. To summarize it, I guess she is into an arranged marriage for me."

"And what do you think about that?"

"Honestly, I don't want it but I couldn't say no to her."

"Why?" I battled with myself if I should tell him the real reason.

"Because I don't like the girl."

"There is more about it. Explain more and keep in mind that I'm aware of everything, no hiding game." He sounds friendly but it held seriousness at the same time. It made me sighed.

"She had something that can ruin our family name." I avoided any eye contact, worried about his emotion. I'm aware of his strong protectiveness when it comes to family.