Chapter 13: More than friends?

Scarlet POV

"Miguel, dinner is ready," I called him several times but to no avail. He went straight to his room after informing that he will get ready for dinner after the shower.

I prepared soup as he preferred light dinner. Few months of staying with him, I learned about his preference. Luckily, he wasn't a picky person but I will admit that he really concern about calorie intake in a day that sounds boring to me.

I headed upstairs after waited for a while, aware of the fact that we will have to eat cold dinner soon if I keep waiting for him.

"Miguel, are you done? I'm waiting for you. Dinner is ready," I stood outside his room, waiting for his response. It was so weird that no noise coming from the room.

'Maybe he falls asleep?' I mumbled silently.

"If you didn't answer, I will enter now," I informed him to avoid any awkward scenes in front of me.

"Sort of?" My conscience asked.

"Coming out from the bathroom with a towel hanging low on his waist?" I blushed with my own thought.

I erased the naughty image in my mind and twisted the knob. When the door opened, I slightly close my eyes and peeked inside. I saw Miguel lied on the bed with his chest pressing downward, while his back facing the ceiling. I came nearer and noticed that he still had his office outfit.

"Miguel, you need to have dinner before you sleep. Did you plan to skip dinner tonight?"

Feeling odd, I called him again, "Miguel," I poked his back with my finger. He hummed but didn't bother to wake up.

"Dinner is ready, Miguel. Are you going to sleep without dinner tonight?" Normally, he will be the one that lectured me about the importance of dinner before bed.

"I..I'm..not feeling well." He uttered every single word in a weak tone with his eyes shut.

"What's wrong?" This time I sat beside him making him turn his face.

"You are so hot!" I freaked out when I touched his body and felt the abnormal heat on my skin.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that." A light chuckle escaped his lips while flipping his body, making his back land on the bed. Clearly he was talking about other things.

"You still have the energy to joke around. Unbelievable," I slightly slapped his chest which caused him to chuckle even more. I noticed his face looks a bit pale. My hand spontaneously touched his forehead.

"You have a fever. Why don't you tell me about this?" I was acting like a worried mom. Looking at him lying with his eyes shut; I know he didn't have the energy to fight back as he normally did.

"Wait for me here," I pushed my body from the bed and hurried to the kitchen. I came back with a clean towel, a small basin, and some pills for fever. I also brought the chicken soup that I prepared earlier. I placed it on the nightstand and flopped beside him. I gently lifted his head and placed it on my lap.

He hummed as I moved his body.

"Miguel, you need to eat something before taking the medicine," I told him, staring at his face.

"It's okay, I don't feel like eating." He refused me.

"No, you have to. Just a bit, please." I persuaded him. His eyes fluttered open as he glanced at me before giving me a small nod, finally agreed to eat the food.

I blow the hot soup before feeding him, making sure it doesn't burn him. Thankfully, he didn't act like a stubborn kid in this condition. I smiled in satisfaction, taking in the empty bowl. Then, I shoved the pills into his mouth and feed him the water.